Looking to make the move

Luo_1

Hi,

I am a 29 year old bricklayer with 7 years proof of work and maybe more by the time I lodge my visa. Im looking for as much info as possible as where to start, what documents I need etc. 

I have a girlfriend who I have been living with for over 4 years and are currently expecting our first child together. What type of documentation would I need for them. 

Also if people have gone through the process of using an agent or doing it themsevles and how difficult it is to do yourself. 

Thanks for your time.

Hi

First place to start is here: 

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/work/work/skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/combined-stsol-mltssl

Bricklayer is on the MLTSSL list. Hopefully someone who has done the process more recently will be along to assist. My visa was the old 176 a few years ago. You would need to get a skills assessment by the relevant assessing authority and obtain at least 60 points (i think!) to put in an expression of interest, as I say when we applied for ours it was a different system and didn't have to send in an EOI.

Good luck