Cap and que visa resident return

Welshsaznlevi

Does anyone have much knowledge on the cap and que process? I submitted an application for a resident return visa subclass 155 157 on 25/11/17. I've called and have been told it's in process, I was told this 2 5 months ago and still nothing. I've recently seen a document about capping and queing once the magic number has been reached for that program year,  I have seen that there is a special eligibility cap for former residents, but from what I can tell that's for the subclass 151. Does anyone have more info please? I'm going mad searching and searching and not finding much. I'm currently living in my parents sofa with my 6 year old as my landlord sold our house and I don't think it's worth starting a tenancy yet. 

Thanks in advance ?

There is no cap on RRVs.  I assume yours was not a straightforward application, ie you haven’t spent two out of the last five years in Australia.  Did you include all the evidence required?  They seem to be shelving applications that require further documentation in favour of complete ones at the moment.  It does seem to be a long time to wait for an RRV

Thank you, you are right, mine isn't straight forward. I left in August 2011 and have not been back since. My son is a citizen by decent and now has an Aus passport but I understand his citizenship does not influence their decision. I have uploaded all I have, my son's docs, a letter explaining why I left and have been gone so long but I do have a feeling they're looking for more, I have applied for 8 jobs in this last week hoping an offer would help my application. I have not requested a character check, do you think it would help? Thanks for your advise ?