Spouse visa 309

Clare Jones

Hi, can anyone advise please. My spouse is Australian as are my children by descent. If I were to apply for a spouse visa 309 is there a requirement for the children to have health tests? One of my children does have a serious health condition which I was hoping wouldn’t be an issue as they are Australian but I think I read something to the contrary today. Thanks 

1 minute ago, Clare Jones said:

Hi, can anyone advise please. My spouse is Australian as are my children by descent. If I were to apply for a spouse visa 309 is there a requirement for the children to have health tests? One of my children does have a serious health condition which I was hoping wouldn’t be an issue as they are Australian but I think I read something to the contrary today. Thanks 

If the children are Australian then they don't need medicals. Only people requiring visas need the medicals. 

Agree with the above.

They'll need Aus passports sorted ahead of you moving to Australia, if its not been sorted already. IIRC it will require the citizenship by descent certificate and your Aus spouse to make an appointment at the Aus High Commission for an interview to apply for their passports. Its usually a day trip to London for the Aussie (kids don't need to attend IIRC, just the Aus person who is applying for their passports). Usually all sorted within a few weeks.