40SP for Partnership Visa - electronic/online?

laf

Hi Snifter, we explained this in our ‘history of relationship’ letters and our bank statements, I understand what you mean though, I think I was just expecting it to be an actual question on the ‘sponsors’ application, many people said the application differed from the paper version, I just thought it might have been an addition question [emoji5]

On 4/4/2018 at 06:03, snifter said:

Some people do do this. Mainly for the financial aspect of the relationship and often if the sponsor is the main earner. Its used to reflect how they support their family prior to lodging and then often people explain they plan to seek work etc and do the same once in Aus. It can also show how money comes into a bank account and then filters out with spending by both parties IYKWIM. 

We sent in the sponsor's P.60 and copies of our bank statements which are all in both names.

I'm sure they will soon redesign the attachment headings and drop-downs as it looks as if most people won't know what to attach where!  As you say as long as it's all there somewhere it should be OK.  I'm glad I had a list to cross off things as I attached them otherwise I would have got in a real muddle!

I'll keep my eye on this thread because as I mentioned before I don't get email notifications.

Good luck!

I didn’t think about P60’s or wage slips, if they want them we have plenty, tho we we did scan lots of bank statements showing salary being paid in. I had a list to check off too, I’d have got in a real muddle otherwise, we’ve been together over 30 years so I had to make sure I didn’t overload them with evidence, I think they’d have slipped into a coma had I sent everything I had [emoji6]my other half is always telling me I keep too much paperwork, he’s eating his words now. My medical is next Wednesday, I’ve had all the paperwork emailed to me today explaining what I should expect, it includes a picture of a male and female pictured in their underwear, I’ll be eating salad and exercising a lot, at least till Wednesday [emoji53] Good luck to you too, I’ll keep looking in for any news.

12 hours ago, mhaffie said:

I didn’t think about P60’s or wage slips, if they want them we have plenty, tho we we did scan lots of bank statements showing salary being paid in. I had a list to check off too, I’d have got in a real muddle otherwise, we’ve been together over 30 years so I had to make sure I didn’t overload them with evidence, I think they’d have slipped into a coma had I sent everything I had emoji6.pngmy other half is always telling me I keep too much paperwork, he’s eating his words now. My medical is next Wednesday, I’ve had all the paperwork emailed to me today explaining what I should expect, it includes a picture of a male and female pictured in their underwear, I’ll be eating salad and exercising a lot, at least till Wednesday emoji53.png Good luck to you too, I’ll keep looking in for any news.

Immi know more about our financial and personal business than any other organisation, although the Daily Mail would have also needed to know our house price!  If their processing times have slipped back to around a year I will become totally OCD if I carry on checking everyday!

Just to warn you I had to strip down to my underpants.  Over 40s have to have a breast examination.  I was nearly late due to taking a wrong turn and ran part of the way so was a bit concerned my blood pressure would be high.  Luckily it has a low starting point so was fine.

Hope it goes well for you.

Thank you very much, I reckon a few minutes of me stripped to my underwear will have them wishing they’d skipped breakfast [emoji38] I’ll be glad when it’s all done and dusted, I can’t see the waiting times reverting back to a year or our Medicals will be out of date, you aren’t usually prompted to take them straight away which indicates to me that the processing times can’t be that long, fingers crossed, hope we all get some news soon.

23 hours ago, mhaffie said:

Thank you very much, I reckon a few minutes of me stripped to my underwear will have them wishing they’d skipped breakfast emoji38.png I’ll be glad when it’s all done and dusted, I can’t see the waiting times reverting back to a year or our Medicals will be out of date, you aren’t usually prompted to take them straight away which indicates to me that the processing times can’t be that long, fingers crossed, hope we all get some news soon.

Oh to be young again :(!  Think of those lovely beaches in Cairns.  I always try and remind myself of some of the horrors the doctors must witness.  

Your application sounds very similar to mine so at least if I hear you probably will shortly after. I must drop it down to looking every other day!

You’re absolutely right, I’m sure they see all sorts. Hopefully soon you’ll get asked to do your police checks, I know nothing will happen to my application until I’ve done the medical but I still log on to see if there’s any changes [emoji849] Is your sponsor application still just showing as submitted?

I’ve no experience in these matters but I’m wondering whether most of the early part of the application is all automated responses, until a case officer is assigned and they look at the application it probably just stays as ‘submitted’ it’s a bit of a waiting game, we are all anxious, it’s hard not be, but we should try focus on other stuff or it will drive us nuts [emoji53]

I suppose it is automated and yes I can't wait to communicate with a human! The worst scenario is they've been inundated with applications due to the quick processing times but we must be positive.

It is hard not to become fixated as it is potentially life changing and we want to start making plans. 

• Like 1

That's a relief it's over.  Lucky that you avoided the full examination, can't imagine it was because you had a male doctor and I had a female.  She did offer a chaperone but I declined.

Mine said results were received and passed to BUPA after a few days but took a week to say it was finalised. 

I was offered a chaperone, when the doctor showed me the screen there was only a few things that showed up for me, don’t know if it was because I answered ‘no’ to all the medical questions. I was prodded, felt, reflexes were checked, eyes, ears, throat, BP, blood test, urine sample, height, weight and chest X-ray, the only thing I didn’t have was breast examination, he was very thorough tho, my BP was slightly raised but I was a little stressed, I really don’t know why, these things make me a little anxious. So glad it’s over with, more waiting now [emoji53]

I had all of those things checked and had the worst blood test bruise which lasted over a week.  I had a historical medical episode that wasn't asked on the questionnaire but I took a consultant letter stating everything was fine ongoing so she was pleased I showed it to her.  Lucky you escaped the breast examination as considering you've been married for more than 30 years you must be over 40 :D!  I also felt a bit stressed, maybe it was being in a different venue to a hospital and it reminded me of school medicals!

You poor thing, did they have trouble taking the blood? My veins were in hiding, I’ve never had any problems giving blood but today he had to try both arms, he got the needle in first time tho and tbh I didn’t feel the needle go in. I was surprised about the breast exam, I’m nearer 50 [emoji5]not really sure why it wasn’t done, he seemed happy with everything tho, my chest X-ray was fine the only thing he couldn’t advise me on was the HIV test, cos the results aren’t instantaneous, but I’m not concerned about that, I can’t remember ever having a school medical, but that could just be my memory[emoji849]

She did get the needle in straight away but it hurt more than usual and she said there would probably be a bruise!  Pleased my arms have been covered for winter. 

No idea why I remember school medicals.  Nothing awful ever happened other than being singled out because I didn't have a reaction to the BCG injection which showed I was immune and I didn't like being different!

It’s funny how things stick in our minds, I remember having eye tests at school, but that’s about all really. I’ve never had a full medical before, the doctor was quite informative and giving me the results as he went along which was nice, lots of people say the doctors don’t really give anything away, mine was pretty good, it’s kind of reassuring knowing you’ve been checked over and all is ok.

That was good.  My doctor just said everything she'd checked was fine.  I did have a medical about ten years ago when GPs were calling everyone in for a general health check.  It wasn't very useful as it was mostly asking questions, weighing, measuring etc.  It was more for people that never visit the doctor, lack insight into general health problems or neglect themselves.

It’s good she told you everything was fine...I had a mini health check about three years ago, they took loads of bloods, cholesterol etc, it was to find out how at risk you were of having a heart attack, which I found quite random, my tests came back really good, which I was pleased about, but that’s about all I’ve had done, I’m not really a lover of ‘doctor visits’ I only go when I really need to. Let’s hope we both hear something soon, you first obviously, you’re a little head of me.

I always feel so much healthier in the sunshine!  Not too much of it here at the moment.

At the first sign of any change I'll be on here in seconds to let you know!  I've already gone past the record processing time of 23 days!