489 Family Sponsored

CVS

On 04/03/2018 at 23:00, Mr and Mrs Holmesy said:

No- my occupation is not listed for sponsorship on the central coast- we were looking initially at Tamworth (Northern Inland) but were drawn more to the far south coast. Nowra, Berry, Batemans Bay- those sorts of areas. 

But we did go to the central coast on our travels, to some of those places you mentioned and they were absolutely stunning! 

I live on the south coast but further south than batemans bay. If you plan to make a bid for nsw sponsorship it would be important to know that none of the places you mentioned are considered far south coast. There are 4 geographic regions & you should use the correct name for them in your application if you choose the south coast. Theres the Illawarra Coast which is places just south of Sydney like Wollongong, then the Shoalhaven Coast which includes Berry and Nowra areas, then the eurobodalla Coast that includes batemans bay and then the Sapphire Coast down near Bega & Eden etc. If you google search by the region names you'll be able to see exactly what towns are in each. I live in the Eurobodalla but my husbands family lives all along the coast with some in the Illawarra & some in Shoalhaven regions. There is lots of employment but it depends on the type of work your looking for. I love living where we are as its just so beautiful but you need to be able to get a job to enjoy any place. When we fly to Queensland we go to Canberra because my husbands sister lives there & it's a big airport & I prefer big planes but there are regional airports if you don't mind smaller planes.

1 hour ago, Booma said:

I live on the south coast but further south than batemans bay. If you plan to make a bid for nsw sponsorship it would be important to know that none of the places you mentioned are considered far south coast. There are 4 geographic regions & you should use the correct name for them in your application if you choose the south coast. Theres the Illawarra Coast which is places just south of Sydney like Wollongong, then the Shoalhaven Coast which includes Berry and Nowra areas, then the eurobodalla Coast that includes batemans bay and then the Sapphire Coast down near Bega & Eden etc. If you google search by the region names you'll be able to see exactly what towns are in each. I live in the Eurobodalla but my husbands family lives all along the coast with some in the Illawarra & some in Shoalhaven regions. There is lots of employment but it depends on the type of work your looking for. I love living where we are as its just so beautiful but you need to be able to get a job to enjoy any place. When we fly to Queensland we go to Canberra because my husbands sister lives there & it's a big airport & I prefer big planes but there are regional airports if you don't mind smaller planes.

You're quite right in that places like Nowra, Berry and Bateman's Bay would not normally be classed as 'Far South Coast', but just 'South Coast' really. 

However in the world of 489 visas, all the southern coastal regions of NSW (except the Illawarra) are included in the RDA region called 'Far South Coast' and in fact their office is in Nowra. So the OP is quite correct to refer to Far South Coast when corresponding with https://www.rdafsc.com.au/skilled-migration/  ;-)

23 minutes ago, NickyNook said:

You're quite right in that places like Nowra, Berry and Bateman's Bay would not normally be classed as 'Far South Coast', but just 'South Coast' really. 

However in the world of 489 visas, all the southern coastal regions of NSW (except the Illawarra) are included in the RDA region called 'Far South Coast' and in fact their office is in Nowra. So the OP is quite correct to refer to Far South Coast when corresponding with https://www.rdafsc.com.au/skilled-migration/  ;-)

I was meaning more in respect to there statements about commitment to nsw & whichever area they are saying they want to settle. demonstrating they have researched where they want to live means they would know the regional name.

Makes for depressing viewing....[emoji853]

Points remianed the same for the latest invitation round (21st Feb) Minimum of 80 points for the 489 and 780 points for the 189.

Yes north Nowra is far more pleasant.   I just got the feeling that unemployment is a problem in Nowra with a fair few rough looking people roaming around.

Those places are north coas t, not central coast.  I was thinking you'd find it easier to convince immigration if you were able to settle close to the Queensland border, within53d 3d easy visiting distance of your relatives.  It rss humid climate on the mid-north coast").     There are more jobs on the north coast than the far south.

919769611075xgs3r

Archived