£100k in Uk ISAs - looking to bring in to Oz

elbow271

Hi guys

I am currently looking to apply for my Partner visa - the plan is to eventually buy property in Oz - i have over £100K in ISA funds in the UK - This will ne a deposit - what is the cheapest method of bringing this money Into Oz for my down payment - I have been told to transfer into my existing Uk account and then transfer using Ozforex for a minimal fee. I dont know whether there would be any tax implications so any advice would be greatly appreciated  :)

We transferred a hefty some from the sale of our UK home using TorFX - Great service, super quick. There was no tax implications for us as it was our only home that we had lived in and owned for 15+ years - We got a good rate (prior to Brexit!). The money went straight into our TorFX account after settlement, It sat there for a few days while we watched the rate go higher and then authorised the transfer to our AU account. We have since purchased a house in Sydney. Good Luck!

I use TransferWise to transfer money between UK and Aus. Their fee at the moment is 0.5% plus $1, so about £500 for you, and they use the midmarket exchange rate (the rate on Google, basically).

The largest sum I've transferred was to buy a car though, not a house. There are other providers which are cheaper, but I've had a good experience with TW so far.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/02/2018 at 10:26, RobC269 said:

I use TransferWise to transfer money between UK and Aus. Their fee at the moment is 0.5% plus $1, so about £500 for you, and they use the midmarket exchange rate (the rate on Google, basically).

The largest sum I've transferred was to buy a car though, not a house. There are other providers which are cheaper, but I've had a good experience with TW so far.

Big thanks RobC269  - much appreciated

Archived