Down Under Live

Lacey86

Good afternoon all,

I know this topic has been raised before however the most recent response i could find was in 2011. Basically there is a Down Under Live Exhibition happening nearby and myself and my girlfriend were considering going. I noticed in the 2011 thread it received a lot of negative responses and wanted to know if it was still as useless now in 2018. Has anyone been to one of these recently and know if it is useful to anyone looking to get a Visa without experience in the medical or engineering fields?

We're 30 & 31 and completed our 1 year WHV last year, but we were unable to secure sponsorship. We both work in banking but neither of us have a specific occupation that you would find on the list, therefore we just wanted to speak with an immigration professional who could advise as to whether we have any chance of getting any form of Visa. I've done tons of research and haven't come across anything as yet, that's why we want to speak with a professional who might be able to show us a way in.

anyway, reviews would be great :-)

Thanks

Guest The Pom Queen

I know the numbers have dwindled in the last few years but I think that’s the Migration sector full stop. I remember going to one way back in 2004 I think it was and we did find it interesting although we would have preferred a smaller one to one where we could have asked questions. Pomsinoz sometimes has online chat expos where you can take your questions to private message which make it more personal. You could also look at the Down Under centre webinars which saves you travelling https://www.downundercentre.com/australian-migration-webinar_webinar111

Guest The Pom Queen
29 minutes ago, Lacey86 said:

Good afternoon all,

I know this topic has been raised before however the most recent response i could find was in 2011. Basically there is a Down Under Live Exhibition happening nearby and myself and my girlfriend were considering going. I noticed in the 2011 thread it received a lot of negative responses and wanted to know if it was still as useless now in 2018. Has anyone been to one of these recently and know if it is useful to anyone looking to get a Visa without experience in the medical or engineering fields?

We're 30 & 31 and completed our 1 year WHV last year, but we were unable to secure sponsorship. We both work in banking but neither of us have a specific occupation that you would find on the list, therefore we just wanted to speak with an immigration professional who could advise as to whether we have any chance of getting any form of Visa. I've done tons of research and haven't come across anything as yet, that's why we want to speak with a professional who might be able to show us a way in.

anyway, reviews would be great :-)

Thanks

Talking about asking a professional, drop @Richard Gregan a message, (click on his name for the option) as he is an expert in this field.

I went with my family to this last year near Manchester.  It wasn't cheap, particularly given that it was primarily migration agents advertising their services, and I found the content to be comparable to that which could be found with limited internet research.  I certainly wouldn't recommend it, but perhaps others had a more positive experience...

Regards

BFB

I went to one a couple years back.  I had a meeting with an agent who did a preliminary screening.  I had done a lot of background research already so it confirmed what I had read.  Much of the rest of the show wasn't particularly relevant and was aimed at people nearing emigration date (e.g. shipping companies, opening bank account from UK, recruitment company etc).  

On 15/02/2018 at 11:45, The Pom Queen said:

Talking about asking a professional, drop @Richard Gregan a message, (click on his name for the option) as he is an expert in this field.

This might be a stupid question but do you know how I can send a message to Richard? When I click on his name and then attempt to message him it tells me I have no messages for today.

thanks

11 hours ago, Lacey86 said:

This might be a stupid question but do you know how I can send a message to Richard? When I click on his name and then attempt to message him it tells me I have no messages for today.

thanks

It may be you need to make a few more posts before you can send a Private Message. You have only made 3 so far and iirc the system won’t allow PM’s till a certain number of posts have been made.