Subclass 186 company nomination refusal consequences

Ramirez

Hi,

I'm planning to apply for subclass 186 (DE) in the next following months. I have a colleague who has already applied last December for 186 via TRT stream with training benchmark requirements for 2015-2016 (20% trainer role):

1. In 2015-2016 trainer role should be a key part of the role. What does it mean? Must it be more than 50%? If so, can he get rejection?

2. I'm planing to apply after March 2018 when the new training benchmark (3K/5K contribution to SAF) will replace the existing one. If the company nomination will be refused for my colleague (after I've already applied) will I get a refusal as well?

Thanks,

Remi

Yes, the rule for claiming training expenditure for a trainer role have increased. Not really enough detail in your post to offer any useful guidance as to the chance of success of your colleagues application.

How the new training contribution will affect prior training obligations is not yet certain, as the Regulations have not yet been released.