Subclass 100

AsimMalik

Hi everyone,

My wife recently got her partner visa subclass 309, she landed yesterday, so along with our planning for a future together, we are hoping to do everything by the books and be ready for subclass 100. We will be eligible to apply for subclass 100 on 22nd February 2019. I have plenty of questions and confusion about it.

1) applicant got her 309 visa with help of an immigration agent. He got the immi account through which she got her visa. Now, if we decide to apply the subclass 100, can we do it ourself? Do we need to create a new immi account or it will go through the same immi account??

2) we submitted Form 888 with our sublcass 309 application, will it be used for subclass 100 too? What if we want to use different Form 888 for next stage?

3) we had a joint bank account for 309 visa, she is here in Australia now, do we need to have a joint account here too? Also having her on a rental lease as a partner helps? Sharing bills under her name?

We will highly appreciate if anyone can answer these questions,

Regards,

Asim

Hi Asim,

It is good to start planning well in advance and to get all the documents as per the requirements. 

As per your questions I could answer them but i could be wrong. It is better to get a professional advise as i am new to the forum but have been following other forums from since few years .

1) applicant got her 309 visa with help of an immigration agent. He got the immi account through which she got her visa. Now, if we decide to apply the subclass 100, can we do it ourself? Do we need to create a new immi account or it will go through the same immi account??

If you are applying by yourself you will need to create a new immi account as the agent will not provide you the details unless you know the person personally. I am not sure if once you create a new account and write to immigration to request the previous application to appear on your current account. 

2) we submitted Form 888 with our sublcass 309 application, will it be used for subclass 100 too? What if we want to use different Form 888 for next stage?

I've read in other forums that The form 888 validity is for 6 weeks only applies for specific circumstances -  at least that is how I interpreted the info in the Partner Migration booklet.

3) we had a joint bank account for 309 visa, she is here in Australia now, do we need to have a joint account here too? Also having her on a rental lease as a partner helps? Sharing bills under her name?

Yes you will need to have a joint account here in Australia as well, plus adding her on lease, bills etc. Don't forget to add her on your Emergency contact at your workplace . 

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Asim,
It is good to start planning well in advance and to get all the documents as per the requirements. 
As per your questions I could answer them but i could be wrong. It is better to get a professional advise as i am new to the forum but have been following other forums from since few years .

If you are applying by yourself you will need to create a new immi account as the agent will not provide you the details unless you know the person personally. I am not sure if once you create a new account and write to immigration to request the previous application to appear on your current account. 

I've read in other forums that The form 888 validity is for 6 weeks only applies for specific circumstances -  at least that is how I interpreted the info in the Partner Migration booklet.

Yes you will need to have a joint account here in Australia as well, plus adding her on lease, bills etc. Don't forget to add her on your Emergency contact at your workplace . 

Hello sheldonpk i wanted to ask if its mandatory to have joint bank account here in AU? As i am on 309 right now. If i have my own account and my husband transfers in it so is it fine?

5 hours ago, Mrshubs said:

Hello sheldonpk i wanted to ask if its mandatory to have joint bank account here in AU? As i am on 309 right now. If i have my own account and my husband transfers in it so is it fine?

Its fine. It is not mandatory to have a joint account, though its a good idea as it shows commitment to each other - even if it is hardly ever used.

Its fine. It is not mandatory to have a joint account, though its a good idea as it shows commitment to each other - even if it is hardly ever used.
Great. i also wanted to when i am eligible to apply for sub class 100? Two years after The date i got visa or the date when i applied? As i did my case with lawyer and now i am not in contact with him. So i have to fill the form 929 for changes to inform to dept. So they would give me the invitation or i have to send the documents.

1 hour ago, Mrshubs said:
1 hour ago, Nemesis said:

Great. i also wanted to when i am eligible to apply for sub class 100? Two years after The date i got visa or the date when i applied? As i did my case with lawyer and now i am not in contact with him. So i have to fill the form 929 for changes to inform to dept. So they would give me the invitation or i have to send the documents.

Two years from the initial application.

There is no longer any invitation sent. The onus is on you to log into immiaccount when the two years is up, and provide the relevant documents to support the PR request

On 1/30/2018 at 15:18, Mrshubs said:

Dont quote me wrong but that should be fine as long as it is a Joint account and income coming in. But i am guessing you will be work in the future ?

11 minutes ago, Mrshubs said:
12 minutes ago, sheldonpk said:
Dont quote me wrong but that should be fine as long as it is a Joint account and income coming in. But i am guessing you will be work in the future ?

I am not sure about work but i have already opened my own account here.

Ok that is good you can open another account with your partner as well. 

Yeah but i just wanted to know if its mandatory or its fine because transactions are between me and my husband as well in my account.
Thanks
It is mandatory to have a joint account as you and your husband need to show the daily expenses on the Joint account.

This way the department will see that the income is coming into that account as well.

I suggest your husband should let the employer know to transfer the income funds to the joint account.

2 hours ago, sheldonpk said:

It is mandatory to have a joint account as you and your husband need to show the daily expenses on the Joint account.

This way the department will see that the income is coming into that account as well.

I suggest your husband should let the employer know to transfer the income funds to the joint account.

Its a good idea to have a joint account but it is optional, not mandatory