Subclass 190 sponsored by South Australia

Jonno1981

Hi all,

I am new to this forum so felt it only polite to introduce myself. My current status:

- Recently received a positive skills assessment for Labaoratory Manager (VETASSESS), which equates to 5 points.

- My age affords me 25 points.

- I shall be taking the Pearson PTE Acedemic test in February. Hoping for 20 points. 

- Univeristy degree 15 points.

- State nomination South Australia 5 points.

So all being well, I should get at least 60 points (possibly 70). Unfortunately, South Australia have recently raised the bar (Special Conditions) for Laboratory Manager to 80 points. So it looks like I will have to wait until July and hope that the occupation is still there and without Special Conditions.

Living in Australia has been a dream of mine since 2005. Based on the above information, do you think I will be suscessful and if so, when could I expect to receive the subclass 190 visa? Any comments or advice would be most welcome.

Best regards

Jonathan

1 hour ago, VERYSTORMY said:

To be successful, you need to adhere to what ever special conditions are being applied by the state. Personally, I am surprised they haven't just removed the occupation. But all you can do is wait till July and see what happens

Earlier in 2017, SA required 60 points for Laboratory Manager, but as the quota started to fill I guess they raised the bar. I have everything crossed that the occupation will be back down to 60 this July. 

• 1 month later...

Just received my test report for PTE Academic and achieved a score of 90 overall with all 90's except 89 in writing. Really pleased with that and immensely relieved!!!

This now gives me 70 points, but SA still have the bar raised to 85 points for Laboratory Manager. I was wondering if Laboratory Manager is still on the short-term skills list in July and SA continue to offer sponsorship for that occupation, are they likely to lower the threshold to 60 points at this point, or maintain the existing special conditions at 85 points?

9 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Impossible to say

I was hoping they might simply raise the bar as the occupation gets filled throughout that year, but then wipe the slate clean at the beginning of a new visa year. I hope that is the case as I would be gutted to lose out at this stage.