Separation on 489

Pamela

She’s on 491 which is very similar to 489 . 

but she has to live and work in regional areas for 3 years before she can apply for PR pathway like 887. She’s working and can meet the conditions. 
Can I ask what did your ex try to do in order to cancel your visa? 
did he ask immigration to do so ? 
also she doesn’t have any kids and agents are telling that her visa can get in trouble as she doesn’t have a valid grounds to stay in the country 
thank  you 

Edited by Ankita

Wow. I’ll suggest her to do that as her husband is wanting to leave the relationship and sponsor someone else from overseas and add in the application and telling my sister that she can either apply for her own skilled visa or go back. Thank you so much Pamela. you are a gem and thank you so much for replying 

Just one more important thing to this. Your sis and her husband both are going to need official separation certificate or divorce certificate to lodge their applications separately. Secondary applicant just can’t be removed from the application because someone wants to. 

Yeah sure. I’ll suggest her that as it’s a lot easier and better to get advise from someone who has been through the situation. 
thank you so much. I might post here again if She needs any assistance in future .

thank you again 🙂 

I really appreciate that. 

• 1 month later...

Hi Pamela,

I hope you reply to this. My ex brother in law has been constantly threatening to cancel my sisters visa. Is there any way I can write it to DOHA that he’s threatening her that would make her case look stronger.

hoping to hear from you soon.

regards,

Ankita111 

11 hours ago, Ankita said:

Hi Pamela,

I hope you reply to this. My ex brother in law has been constantly threatening to cancel my sisters visa. Is there any way I can write it to DOHA that he’s threatening her that would make her case look stronger.

hoping to hear from you soon.

regards,

Ankita111 

You really need professional advice on this - or rather your sister does. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

As I mentioned before, no one can cancel your visa and DOHA shouldn’t be involved in this. If you want to complain just a police complaint will do. You can upload this police complaint file or if matter goes to court then court orders in your 887 file. 

• 1 year later...

Hello,

i'm in the same situation, have you got authentic information?

I‘m on 491 subclass as a dependent (subsequent entrant). My partner is the main applicant.

Things are not working for us and we are thinking for separation/divorce. Will it affect our future visa i.e; 191

Or will if affect my current visa status as my partner is the main applicant? as she wanted to cancel my visa

I can still fulfill the 491 conditions by my own.

Your answer will be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

On 12/11/2021 at 17:28, Ankita said:

She’s on 491 which is very similar to 489 . 

but she has to live and work in regional areas for 3 years before she can apply for PR pathway like 887. She’s working and can meet the conditions. 
Can I ask what did your ex try to do in order to cancel your visa? 
did he ask immigration to do so ? 
also she doesn’t have any kids and agents are telling that her visa can get in trouble as she doesn’t have a valid grounds to stay in the country 
thank  you 

Hello Ankita,

I‘m on 491 subclass as a dependent (subsequent entrant). My partner is the main applicant.

Things are not working for us and we are thinking for separation/divorce. Will it affect our future visa i.e; 191

Or will if affect my current visa status as my partner is the main applicant? as she wanted to cancel my visa

Thank you!

On 18/12/2021 at 08:43, Pamela said:

As I mentioned before, no one can cancel your visa and DOHA shouldn’t be involved in this. If you want to complain just a police complaint will do. You can upload this police complaint file or if matter goes to court then court orders in your 887 file. 

Hello Pamela,

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Amir097 said:

Hello Pamela,

Thank you!

Your best option would be to speak to a registered migration agent.