Painter+Decorator / Chances of sponsorship

Pitman89z

Could be bit of a long shot but I'm planning coming to Oz in February on a 417 Working holiday visa. My whole intentions are to carry out rural work to give me a 1 year extension. But my ultimate plan is hopefully get sponsorship from someone so I can hopefully live there permanently if all goes well.

Just wondering how generous are people with sponsorships in construction? My fear is falling in love with the country than having to come back home.

6 hours ago, Pitman89z said:

Could be bit of a long shot but I'm planning coming to Oz in February on a 417 Working holiday visa. My whole intentions are to carry out rural work to give me a 1 year extension. But my ultimate plan is hopefully get sponsorship from someone so I can hopefully live there permanently if all goes well.

Just wondering how generous are people with sponsorships in construction? My fear is falling in love with the country than having to come back home.

if you look at companies such as Sydney trains, NSW trainlink etc, they sometimes sponsor people .. not sure on other states, but if you google the contractors who do the rail system repairs they need P&D's ... its worth a shot. 

11 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Have you looked at skilled migration? If you look at border.gov.au and look at 189 and 190 visas. You don't need to be sponsored to live in Australia permanently 

The only issue I have with the 189 is I don' t have adiqite employment history as ive been self employed working for various sub contractors since i became qualified. It would be impossible to backtrack throughout my history for 10 years. If I had been employed from the start his would be the route I would have chosen.

Edited by Pitman89z

12 hours ago, Pitman89z said:

The only issue I have with the 189 is I don' t have adiqite employment history as ive been self employed working for various sub contractors since i became qualified. It would be impossible to backtrack throughout my history for 10 years. If I had been employed from the start his would be the route I would have chosen.

I have seen it done many times. You would probably need an agent, but it can be done. Far better than hoping for a temp visa - which is generally what gets offered and even they are now a lot less common after recent changes 

12 hours ago, Pitman89z said:

Did you have an accountant ? .... you can get references from people whom you did work for ... do you have formal qualifications  from the city & Guilds or say NVQ level 3 etc .. you would be surprised how much information you have but assume you do not ...