Should I have completed Australian nursing registration prior to submitting an EOI?

LNCh

Hi,

I am at the beginning of my application process, and currently gathering all the paperwork for the nursing skills assessment via ANMAC. I have asked for a certificate of verification of registration from the NMC. However, the NMC have written to me and suggested that I have an application for nursing registration open with the country of immigration to enable them to sent my letter....

I thought I would have applied for nursing registration following the ANMAC skills assessment and once my visa had been granted?

Can anyone help with information?

Thanks

I think they mean to have your application for aphra open. Your verification letter only lasts 3 months so if it's not needed before then you will need another one.
I have done my skills assessment and needed verification for this because I had not applied for aphra at this time I have had to request it again for this. Don't forget once you get your Australian nurse registration you have to be in the country within 3 months to finalise it. I hope this makes sense?

• Thanks 1

What NMC mean is that you should have an ANMAC reference number, which you will have if you have already filled out and paid for the ANMAC online application. you can give this ref number to NMC to put on the letter when they send out verification.

Despite what NMC say however, this is not strictly required, as we have had applicants who have arranged for their NMC verification to be sent to ANMAC even before they have filled out the online application - ANMAC keep the verification on record and they link it up with your application when it arrives.

It's preferable to get a reference number though, as we've found the registration verification doesn't always arrive, or gets lost in ANMAC's office, so anything which makes it easier to link up with your application is a good thing.

Regards,

Richard

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1