Relationship proof - Statuatory declarations?

Guest tombsc

Guest ashmalog

I am reading this with interest but I am still confused. If you are married do you have to supply all these declations? I understand we have to do our own but do we have to get everyone else involved?

Guest Scamp1976

No if you're married you don't need the statutory declarations as far as I know.

It's only for people that are De Facto married ( married in reality but not married in the sense of the law )

Guest ashmalog
No if you're married you don't need the statutory declarations as far as I know.

It's only for people that are De Facto married ( married in reality but not married in the sense of the law )

thanks for that - a load is lifted already!! is there anywhere on the DIAC website that confirms this?:unsure:

Hi there i am applying for a married spousal and we need to provide two stat decs from Aussie perm residents or citizens.

You need to evidence at least the 12 months, immediatley prior to the visa application, of solid de-facto evidence OR have exceptional circumstances. Accepted exceptional circumstances would be having a child together although having at least 6 months of evidence of co-habitation also would be helpful. Stat decs from anybody preferably from somebody who has known one of you a long time and the known the partner for at least teh duration of the relationship.

Regards

Many thanks for that info Welshtone!:smile:

Exactly 2 stat decs are all that is required if you have plenty of 3rd party evidence to back-up the required 12 months of co-habitation. Where evidence is light, there may be a case for an extra 2 stat decs. The Stat decs are only secondary evidence - primary evidence are the joint bills etc. The main reason for the stat decs is not so much as proof of the relationship but to give DIAC's procedures some integrity so that if the yfind a relationship is contrived, they can prosecute those who made false statutory declarations.

Regards

Guest richbclare

is there any time limit on how long the people have known you for the stat decs?? we got 2 decs done by oz citizens, but they have only known us 5 months - as that is when we arrived in Australia. trying to get them from firends has been a bit of a nightmare - for instance my best friend has just started teaching in ethiopia

• 3 years later...

For my engagement I did printouts of mine and my partner's Facebook announcement - so I think that helped a bit. I also had the engagement ring invoice that I got from my partner. If you do'nt have any of these, then stat dec's are the best way to go. Get a relative or friend to declare that they have knowledge of your engagement.

Archived