on line application help

tracybayliss

hi guys we are in the process of deciding wether to do the on line application or go with an agent. ive searched the government website but i can not find a list of the documente you need to send off can anyone aqdvise. im a midwife with a job offer and hubby has a skill too, the only problem we can forsee is my son is 20 and is dependant on us, i know we have to prove this so dont know if it would be better to go with an agent, or not.

i am fairly ok on a computer but just how difficult/easy is it to forward your documents as i havent a clue how to do that but seems a shame to pay an agent all that money if its only difficult task is sending the documents

tracy

Guest Hannah

Hi Tracy,

We decided not to use an agent in the end. We did a lot of research before hand so it wasnt too bad really.

The online application process is quite straight forward. We did a 475 state sponsored visa. Once we had completed our initial application they then requested the remaining docs that they required. If you have the docs in colour you just scan them in and send them. If not you need to get them signed by a doctor/solicitor.

We saved quite a lot of money by doing it ourselves and at least we can now check our status online whenever we like. You can also call Australia House in London if you need any info. (this does cost £1 per min though!)

I hope this helps a little.........

Good luck

Hannah and Steve x

hi guys we are in the process of deciding wether to do the on line application or go with an agent. ive searched the government website but i can not find a list of the documente you need to send off can anyone aqdvise. im a midwife with a job offer and hubby has a skill too, the only problem we can forsee is my son is 20 and is dependant on us, i know we have to prove this so dont know if it would be better to go with an agent, or not.

i am fairly ok on a computer but just how difficult/easy is it to forward your documents as i havent a clue how to do that but seems a shame to pay an agent all that money if its only difficult task is sending the documents

tracy

hi tracy I haven't done the online app but if you have done a skills ass on your own you should be fine (i found if the hardest bit) lots of info on immi site & of course the great peops on here will help you along where ever they can

im sure i could do it easily but ive tried in the past to scan forms into my computer and it never seems to work for me, i dont really want to pay someone £2000 to do this. the other problems is although the government web site says you can view a list of documents they require i cant find it.can anyone suggest how i can find this info.

tracy

Guest caza75

hi tracy,

we used an agent as we are not maried an i had to apply as a de-facto so that is my reason for usin one .. i too have a 20 yr old daughter who is dependant but she is in full time education so we had to send documents to prove that.

as for what you need here is some of the stuff we sent;

last 3 months pay slips

last year P60

full birth cert

marriage/divorce cert

statements from previous an present employer stating work experience.

for the trade cert you wil need your certs proving you are a nurse, i am not sure what else you need for that as we applied for ours last june an it has changed in sept past .. so you would need to check that out.

hope this helps

caza:spinny:

Guest freckles

Online is easy once you get started basically photocopy everything and anything and get them singed by solicitor. You will need to go online to nursing board, this depends on what area you are moving too and send them your authorised photocopy nursing certificates............you will save a fortune doing it yourself. Good luck. Where are you hoping to settle?

hi thanks for all your help, my job offer is in brisbane im already registered in Queensand and have just forwarded my documents to the australian nursing and midwifery council, that was really easy. over the last few months we have received some replies to our posts suggesting various agents but im a little concerned that they are taughting for business and working to gain business, i may be wrong but you can never be too careful. just wish i knew a little more about scanning i tried to scan something not long ago and it vcame out on my screen totally wrong. oh well i think ill keep researching

thanks

Archived