Good by to the Browning

Guest Working to fish

Guest earlswood
Thanks for all your good luck wishes!

We flew into heathrow on the hottest day of the year...since then it has been mostly raining, but I love it! It will take more than rain to wipe the smile of our faces!

I have no regrets at all, going to australia was the second best thing we ever did...coming home was the best!

Have a house, schools, job (for me anyway!) sorted, just need to sort dave out now,

It's so nice to 'belong' again, the whole village have welcomed us back in good ol english style, and I am looking forward to 'treading the boards' again soon in the panto!

Will write a better post when I have the time!

Thanks again

Lisa

Pity the weather is so bad this week which my mother say's has taken everyone by surprice...she said the long range forcast is a return to summer and above average temps for next week...fingers crossed.

Guest austibeach

"You must be mad", "you're crazy", " you should have stayed there"...........you may well get these comments from some people, but your happiness and the happiness of the whole family is the most important factor........and if that happens to be back in Devon, then so be it.

Good luck to you all and I hope it stops raining soon, so that you can see the true beauty of the South West.

Eric, reporting from a very wet Cornwall.......:dull:

Guest earlswood
"You must be mad", "you're crazy", " you should have stayed there"...........you may well get these comments from some people, but your happiness and the happiness of the whole family is the most important factor........and if that happens to be back in Devon, then so be it.

Good luck to you all and I hope it stops raining soon, so that you can see the true beauty of the South West.

Eric, reporting from a very wet Cornwall.......:dull:

You know what....that has made me more homesick than ever:no: the coastal walk on a damp drizzely day with all the smells of the heather and the sharp salty tang of the sea on your lips was pure nectar to me.

Guest austibeach

If it were only mere drizzle, but alas this rain is coming in such quantity that it's a shame we can't export it. As for that salty tang, well I would only have to open the window to taste it, but for the smell of the heather I'm afraid you would have to head for higher ground inland.

If there is a plus to this weather, it is that I don't have to water my garden.......oh! and it gives me a good excuse to get on with my decorating indoors.

Eric.

Guest earlswood
If it were only mere drizzle, but alas this rain is coming in such quantity that it's a shame we can't export it. As for that salty tang, well I would only have to open the window to taste it, but for the smell of the heather I'm afraid you would have to head for higher ground inland.

If there is a plus to this weather, it is that I don't have to water my garden.......oh! and it gives me a good excuse to get on with my decorating indoors.

Eric.

Hey....I used to do the "coverack coastal walk" towards the mineral mine or whatever it was and there was loads of heather near the beach.:spinny:

Archived