ANMAC assessment

abin.thayyil

Dears recently my anmac asessment was done. But in LOD they only mentioned about my current working experience and there were no mention about my previous work experiences for which also I had given complete docs with specified format. Can I enquire about the same with them and what could be the chance from their side of admitting mistake if it's from their side?

I'm so sorry for this frustration! Hang in there! I'm in the assessment phase myself now, and all of my documents were sent over in the exact same package, however, they said they didn't get my cover letter nor passport photo (even though they were in there together!). Now I had to pay to expedite ship them over there, yet again. 

When I called about it though I was nervous that other things might be missing if those somehow got lost, so the woman went through my file and told me everything she had. It might be worth it to call and do the same just to make sure some of your letters weren't misplaced?

Good luck!

Sometimes there can be problems with locating documents at the ANMAC office. This is because documents such as registration verification and IELTS are sent direct, and although they are supposed to be linked up with your main application, problems can arise. I've had cases where we've contacted ANMAC and asked them to check again, and the documents have subsequently been found. Other times, the NMC in the UK have failed to send it when they said they had!

Hopefully at some point, we will move to a fully electronic verification system for nursing registration verification and Language test verification.

Regards,

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I applied in October when there was a 3 week wait for the anmac modified skills assessment. They received all of my paperwork in full on November 12th (as they said the cover letter and passport photo never showed up, even though they were in the same package... and later showed up). Anyhow, on November 12th it now says the wait is 7 weeks. When they list the processing times is that how long until they start reviewing your application and/or how long it takes once they start reviewing it? The only email I have received is the one saying they “now” received everything, but I’m guessing that doesn’t mean they’ve started going through it. I’m also guessing I’ll be waiting 7 weeks from November 12th and not from October 22nd when they initially received everything  else. Thanks so much for any and all insight! Good luck to everyone else out there!  

Having gone through the process myself, I can confirm:

ANMAC processing times are from the time they receive all the documents required at their Canberra office until your application is finalised.

However, the times published are a guideline-at the time of my application website stated "3weeks" but my application took 6 days. (No work experience claimed). 

Edited by PsychNurse
More information

• 6 months later...