At last england start to get it right on the football field

bunbury61

it was the old argument

" why cant England win on the international stage , at football anymore "?

Then we have two world cup wins in 12 months ...the u-20s did it , and yesterday the u-17s beat Spain 5-2 ..we were 2-0 down ...but England played them off the park ....not with hoof , long ball and physicality either ...we played them off the park with possession , skill and pace ....this after hammering brazil 3-0 in the semis .

national academy st Georges was built 5 years ago ...and the results are already starting to come through .

I would have said ..." Not in my life time " ...but now like other sports , such as boxing , we are starting to get it right at last .

women's football is massively on the rise

things are looking up

Just now, bunbury61 said:

it was the old argument

Then we have two world cup wins in 12 months ...the u-20s did it , and yesterday the u-17s beat Spain 5-2 ..we were 2-0 down ...but England played them off the park ....not with hoof , long ball and physicality either ...we played them off the park with possession , skill and pace ....this after hammering brazil 3-0 in the semis .

national academy st Georges was built 5 years ago ...and the results are already starting to come through .

I would have said ..." Not in my life time " ...but now like other sports , such as boxing , we are starting to get it right at last .

things are looking up

that should have said women's football is on the rise also .....i think there was a 35,000 plus crowd for Birmingham v arsenal in the ladies cup final .

I also think the England ladies team had a new sell out at Wembley

OK I have no interest in football BUT this seems to be indicative of the huge improvement we have see right across the board in so many sports in this country. It used to be that England quite literally won nothing at all and now look at just about any major sport and we are right there. Good to see. 

1 hour ago, bristolman said:

OK I have no interest in football BUT this seems to be indicative of the huge improvement we have see right across the board in so many sports in this country. It used to be that England quite literally won nothing at all and now look at just about any major sport and we are right there. Good to see. 

yes Bristol ...i agree .

a lot of this improvement goes back to investment from the national lottery ...started in Nov 1994....the Olympic results are proof of that .

I think the building of an elite football academy...st Georges has been the catalyst ...but Spain has about 20 of these .

I never thought I would happen in the next 20 years minimum

but we honestly outplayed Spain and brazil at their own game

• Like 2

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 14:00, bunbury61 said:

it was the old argument

things are looking up

and then spurs humble real Madrid