Help I Dont Understand Vetasses Process?

AnxiousMum

I know I have been on here for a while, but I dont understand the Vetasses process at all. What happens, I have heard people saying got through the paperbased assessment? Now on to the Practical? What is the practical. What do you have to do, I can see people doing these have to travel to do it? But what does it entail. Does everyone wanting to make the move to OZ have to do this? Help:arghh:

Guest pag44

VETASSESS is the assessing body for certain skills. There is a separate area for the trades:

VETASSESS - Vocational Education Training and Assessment Services

For the trade assessment you first have to submit a 'paperbased assessment' - this includes providing proof of apprentiship, certificates, references, skills etc its quite in depth. This has to be submitted and passed, you then go through to a 'practial skills assessment', which from what I gather is where you a series of 'tests' to show your aptitude in your particular trade, I think it also involves a question and answer session with the assessor. The practicals are held approx every three months.

If you look at the skill you are going through on on the MODL list, it will list the assessing body for that skill.

Hope this makes it a bit clearer

Michelle

Archived