187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Hi, bobby, my RCB took about 10 week, its in NSW aswell, in victoria some places it takes about 3 months, its different place to place, over 8 weeks you can chase them by your migration agent, i chase them myself by calling them, they explain why it was delaying. I think 8 week common in this days

thanks buddy

Hi guys, so far I haven't got any reply to my question in the forum. If anyone has the answer please reply to my earlier posts. Its really urgent matter. And does anyone know how to get refund from my ma or is that not possible. Thanks

Mine took 4 months, but it was much busier then.

Ā 

Was it busier than now? I think it was much easier that time. Some of my friends got visa in a month. I just can't wait anymore but try to be relax as applicants are waiting from December. I think It will be end of this year before I get any news from immi.

Ā 

If I knew this I would apply for 457 or 189/190. Took the quickest way but now I can see the reality.

Was it busier than now? I think it was much easier that time. Some of my friends got visa in a month. I just can't wait anymore but try to be relax as applicants are waiting from December. I think It will be end of this year before I get any news from immi.

Ā 

If I knew this I would apply for 457 or 189/190. Took the quickest way but now I can see the reality.

It was MUCH busier than now. Immigration were changing the rules of who could apply so loads of people applied all at once to get in before the changes. It wasn't uncommon for people to go over a year. Most were way over 6 months. And all the complaining in the world didn't change anything then. It's quite amusing seeing everyone thinking it's so much worse now.

Not long before that I applied for the 485 visa. That one their processing times were advertised as 6 months. Mine took 18 months and they still said six months that whole time.

Hi all,

Does anyone know of anyone that has left there 187 visa sponsor before the 2 year requirement is up? I have read so much online with conflicting information. Some stay yes, but at your own risk and others say that once you have your PR you can leave. I am really unhappy in my job and it making me very sick, i am also being paid under the award rate. There is lots of discussions online but i haven't found anyone who has left to hear their experience.

Thank you in advance for you help :)

Hi all,

Does anyone know of anyone that has left there 187 visa sponsor before the 2 year requirement is up? I have read so much online with conflicting information. Some stay yes, but at your own risk and others say that once you have your PR you can leave. I am really unhappy in my job and it making me very sick, i am also being paid under the award rate. There is lots of discussions online but i haven't found anyone who has left to hear their experience.

If you are having difficulties at your workplace i would suggest not to leave until two years completed or you attend citizenship ceremony as your employer can do written complete against you to immi then it will be trouble for you. once you complete that then i would suggest to take your employer through fair trade gud luck mate..

Ā 

187 DE HR

Nom. 18/12/15

Visa 18/12/15

onshore

Hi all,

The 187 your visa IS tied to staying with your employer. The 186 is only a moral obligation. So people do tend to get confused.

In reality, if you have done everything you can to sort out a problem with your job and haven't managed to then they are far more lenient on you if you leave (assuming you stay in the same area). You need to be able to prove you have done everything you can though.

So for example, email your employer pointing out that when they agreed to sponsor you they agreed to a wage of $xxxx which you are not being paid. The amount they are paying you now is below award wages, which is illegal. If they then don't put that right, report them to fairwork Australia. They will get you back pay etc, but you can argue that it is no longer a feasible place for you to work at due to bad feeling at you having to insist on your statutory rights.

Then you can write to immigration telling them you feel you have no choice but to leave. You'd have the email and fairwork Australia to back you up that you did try to correct the situation. Immigration don't expect you to work for less than award wages, that's why they insist on contracts before hand.

The 187 your visa IS tied to staying with your employer. The 186 is only a moral obligation. So people do tend to get confused.

In reality, if you have done everything you can to sort out a problem with your job and haven't managed to then they are far more lenient on you if you leave (assuming you stay in the same area). You need to be able to prove you have done everything you can though.

So for example, email your employer pointing out that when they agreed to sponsor you they agreed to a wage of $xxxx which you are not being paid. The amount they are paying you now is below award wages, which is illegal. If they then don't put that right, report them to fairwork Australia. They will get you back pay etc, but you can argue that it is no longer a feasible place for you to work at due to bad feeling at you having to insist on your statutory rights.

Then you can write to immigration telling them you feel you have no choice but to leave. You'd have the email and fairwork Australia to back you up that you did try to correct the situation. Immigration don't expect you to work for less than award wages, that's why they insist on contracts before hand.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Thank you for your reply, it has been so useful. I have already emailed my employer on several occasions regarding my pay, so i will now contact Fairwork. I am at the start of my 2 years, but have been working for my employer for the last 18 months. I have read on a couple of sites that immi class "genuine effort" is over a year. Although i have not been on my 2years requirement for very long, i have worked with the employer for a while and I have had on-going pay issues since October. If i contact Fairwork, by the time that has been resolved i would of only been on my 2year requirement for about 6 months.

It is so difficult to know what to, i find the immi website very confusing and unhelpful to specific cases.

Thank you for your reply, it has been so useful. I have already emailed my employer on several occasions regarding my pay, so i will now contact Fairwork. I am at the start of my 2 years, but have been working for my employer for the last 18 months. I have read on a couple of sites that immi class "genuine effort" is over a year. Although i have not been on my 2years requirement for very long, i have worked with the employer for a while and I have had on-going pay issues since October. If i contact Fairwork, by the time that has been resolved i would of only been on my 2year requirement for about 6 months.

It is so difficult to know what to, i find the immi website very confusing and unhelpful to specific cases.

If you have worked for more than one year after your visa grant date your effort will be considered as genuine effort but i have read some mrt cases on several websites where if employer make written complete to immi then immi have cancelled their visa but there is very good chance in your situation that if immi cencell your visa you will win mrt case but if it's more then one year then you should go for your citizenship test... gud luck

Ā 

187 DE HR

Nom. 18/12/15

Visa 18/12/15

onshore

Hi guys

Ā 

Is there anyone having a same problem with me? I have a problem to open my application on imiaccount. Whenever I tried, it said This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. It keeps saying this about for 2 months. Me and my MA also sent an email and no reply yet. I phoned up 2 weeks ago to immihelpline and the guy said he got the same error message for mine. My MA said this is just a technical issue and does not make any problem to get visa approval. But I am worried what if case officer can not access my file also? Do you guys have any idea about this issue?

Hi guys

Ā 

Is there anyone having a same problem with me? I have a problem to open my application on imiaccount. Whenever I tried, it said This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. It keeps saying this about for 2 months. Me and my MA also sent an email and no reply yet. I phoned up 2 weeks ago to immihelpline and the guy said he got the same error message for mine. My MA said this is just a technical issue and does not make any problem to get visa approval. But I am worried what if case officer can not access my file also? Do you guys have any idea about this issue?

hi, please try to contact with immigration, they should be able to fix it.