187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Have you contact Immi at all seeing that you have passed the 6 month mark?

No I contacted my MA who estimated about a month longer a week or so ago. I won't contact them until they say they are processing December and I have not received any contact or grant for my nomination. I know the wait is hard but the hope of hearing soon is keeping me going

Edited by QLD1872015

Maybe a little gentle nudge will do the trick. I really hope they start December soon

I don't think contacting them helps because everyone who does seems to get the exact same answer. I really don't know why they removed the ability to upload a decision ready visa application. I tried to be realistic by setting the end of June to be hopeful to hear by, using how long they took to process most of oct and sept on the spreadhseet and once november had officially begun processing

I was hoping they would catch up by end of June, but now I guess we will be looking at end of July . . . :( It boggles my mind how employers in Regional Areas are suppose to continue work processes if they cannot rely on accurate time frames to employ people, especially offshore applicants. This is most probably exactly the reason why it is suppose to be Priority one. 189 visa's gets approved in 3 months, people with skills but no work. Employers who desperately need the skills in Regional areas have to sit back and wait with no clear indication on when it could be finalised.

I am assuming more applications submitted and less staff to cope with volumes.

Edited by 2015DEC187

I was hoping they would catch up by end of June, but now I guess we will be looking at end of July . . . :( It boggles my mind how employers in Regional Areas are suppose to continue work processes if they cannot rely on accurate time frames to employ people, especially offshore applicants. This is most probably exactly the reason why it is suppose to be Priority one. 189 visa's gets approved in 3 months, people with skills but no work. Employers who desperately need the skills in Regional areas have to sit back and wait with no clear indication on when it could be finalised.

They are definitely taking about a month to process a months worth of applications now, last June and July processing times were outrageous. I share your frustration with the quick processing of 189 visas especially when they have not yet secured a job, I agree it doesn't make sense atall. 186 getting more grants over 187 is also frustrating but I wont be negative on their happiness. I had to start work with my company in January so get a little upset that these 6 months won't count towards the 2 years which I will complete. Also unable to apply for citizenship in the two years because I cancelled two visas and 4 year my clock has reset. My colleague who applied last march got her visa in 3 months so that was the estimation I was given by my boss. All good things are worth waiting for though

They are definitely taking about a month to process a months worth of applications now, last June and July processing times were outrageous. I share your frustration with the quick processing of 189 visas especially when they have not yet secured a job, I agree it doesn't make sense atall. 186 getting more grants over 187 is also frustrating but I wont be negative on their happiness. I had to start work with my company in January so get a little upset that these 6 months won't count towards the 2 years which I will complete. Also unable to apply for citizenship in the two years because I cancelled two visas and 4 year my clock has reset. My colleague who applied last march got her visa in 3 months so that was the estimation I was given by my boss. All good things are worth waiting for though

Everybody has their own unique circumstances and all need their visa asap. All we can do is wait, if only we knew that it would take 6 to 8 months we would have done things alot differently. We were also told it could be finalised within 3 to 4 months max. Hence the disappointment with all the delays. Being offshore is very frustrating, living in limbo for more than 6 months now.