187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

**This is an automated response regarding ENS 186/RSMS 187 applications. Please do not respond to this email**

Email Updated on 14 March 2016

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

We are currently allocating ENS and RSMS applications that are lodged mid-August 2015.

It is very disappointing that they are still taking so long to process without consistency when it comes to processing. I am hoping they might respond soon as we have reach 7th month mark this week . Wishing & praying for the better outcome . All the best [emoji846]

It is very disappointing that they are still taking so long to process without consistency when it comes to processing. I am hoping they might respond soon as we have reach 7th month mark this week . Wishing & praying for the better outcome . All the best [emoji846]

Almost 230 days....and 30 days since add docs were req for visa

Hi EVERYONE,

Is it okay to send an inquiry to immi? Is it true that sending and inquiry can put back application to back qeue?

No, it's not true that sending an inquiry would put your application to the back of the queue. However, unless you have an important question about something (so something other than "what's the status of my application"), it's best not to bother DIBP. They are incredibly busy, and are unlikely to take time to respond to requests for status updates. If your application was submitted less than 6-7 months ago, you are within their current standard processing times.

hi guys.. please somebody answer my question : i got 457 visa as a chef and now i have applied 187 as a chef as well but in this forum i saw plenty of my bro and sis applied as a cook even after cert 4. now my question is whats is the difference between chef and cook and did i apply in the right occupation ? because i am worried now and thinking i should apply in cook because cook need less requirement.i have done cert 4. please reply ASAP

Edited by naviozz

hi guys.. please somebody answer my question : i got 457 visa as a chef and now i have applied 187 as a chef as well but in this forum i saw plenty of my bro and sis applied as a cook even after cert 4. now my question is whats is the difference between chef and cook and did i apply in the right occupation ? because i am worried now and thinking i should apply in cook because cook need less requirement.i have done cert 4. please reply ASAP

I think it's depend on ur job ,what kind of work u doing in restaurant ,I mean job discription????

Chef: (AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)). At least 3 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.

Cook : AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)

you apply under cook will be easier

Chef: (AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)). At least 3 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.

Cook : AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)

you apply under cook will be easier

That's correct. N market salary rate is low aswell for chef salary should be above 50

Zoya,

What about giving the immi a buzz or your MA? It's really a matter of test of patience however, it's also frustrating in reality.

I am actually thinking of calling them today but just having a second thought.

Nom: approved 22/10

Visa : 23/10

Stats: Waiting

hello everyone

rSMS 187

Lodged nomination and visa 07/12/2015:

Nomination and visa... still wait

applied in motor mechanic field... what do you think CO will be ask me experience..

I finished my Certificate III, AQF Certificate IV, AND Diploma in automotive

please anyone help me out about this confusion ..i am really confuse because my MA said you don't need to experience for rsms 187 according to my certificates ?

Zoya,

What about giving the immi a buzz or your MA? It's really a matter of test of patience however, it's also frustrating in reality.

I am actually thinking of calling them today but just having a second thought.

Nom: approved 22/10

Visa : 23/10

Stats: Waiting

Yes i mailed to migration team this morning & they replied as below :

It is important to note there is no need to email or contact DIBP to make further enquiries as this only delays the process further. The more time taken replying to enquiries means less time for working on files.

We will inform you as soon as we receive any response from the Department of Immigration.

So after this statement I feel like I'm handcuff [emoji58] . You have less time left i would say make the final decision fast on your behalf . Thanks

hello everyone

rSMS 187

Lodged nomination and visa 07/12/2015:

Nomination and visa... still wait

applied in motor mechanic field... what do you think CO will be ask me experience..

I finished my Certificate III, AQF Certificate IV, AND Diploma in automotive

please anyone help me out about this confusion ..i am really confuse because my MA said you don't need to experience for rsms 187 according to my certificates ?

No need experience for 187 direct entry rsms

This is really sad news for us [emoji20] . Australian Border Force staff are expected to walk off the job after midnight today, protesting about cuts to pay and conditions. Strike will be stayed between 22 March to 1st April 2016 . We are also ensuring appropriate contingencies are in place for visa and citizenship services.

For more details:

http://www.border.gov.au/News/Pages/travellers-clients.aspx

This is really sad news for us [emoji20] . Australian Border Force staff are expected to walk off the job after midnight today, protesting about cuts to pay and conditions. Strike will be stayed between 22 March to 1st April 2016 . We are also ensuring appropriate contingencies are in place for visa and citizenship services.

For more details:

http://www.border.gov.au/News/Pages/travellers-clients.aspx

I dont think that this will effect the visa processing

Hi Guys, just got my nomination refusal letter, it states the Co doesn't think need me in his company (my occupation is network administrator). The Co think my occupation is just maintain hardwares, install computers and monitor network things. But my work there is far more beyond that. I am mainly develop IT strategies to expand my employers business. I think I should go tribunal but my MA told me if the Co wants to refuse me base on my student visa rejection history, he will come up another reason to refuse me again. What do you guys think? should I go MRT or apply another nomination?

Hi Guys, just got my nomination refusal letter, it states the Co doesn't think need me in his company (my occupation is network administrator). The Co think my occupation is just maintain hardwares, install computers and monitor network things. But my work there is far more beyond that. I am mainly develop IT strategies to expand my employers business. I think I should go tribunal but my MA told me if the Co wants to refuse me base on my student visa rejection history, he will come up another reason to refuse me again. What do you guys think? should I go MRT or apply another nomination?

No , do not go for MRT because it is a lengthy process and god knows how long you have to wait for the outcome....And the CO has cancelled your nomination with a valid reason,So there is not point challenging it....other than that i dont think he can cancell your nomination without a valid reason....YOUR PAST IS NOT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR, IT IS YOUR DOCUMENTATION AND SKILLS THAT CAN GET YOU A VISA

No , do not go for MRT because it is a lengthy process and god knows how long you have to wait for the outcome....And the CO has cancelled your nomination with a valid reason,So there is not point challenging it....other than that i dont think he can cancell your nomination without a valid reason....YOUR PAST IS NOT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR, IT IS YOUR DOCUMENTATION AND SKILLS THAT CAN GET YOU A VISA

Thank you. But the Co misunderstood my work duty then refused me base on that, I feel wronged. What can I do? apply for another nomination and explain my duty well?

It happened with one of my friends as well....But the thing is,MRT is a lengthy process,my friend is still waiting for an outcome of a 457 visa and i think i has been almost an year..so its totally your wish but i would suggest to apply for a new nomination...But if you have already paid the visa fees then go for an mrt appeal and challenge :P

Edited by MaggieMay24
Deleted unnecessary language

Finally, I have got PR Today :) FeeLing Awesome,

I hope everyone will get their PR Soon :) My Best Wishes Are With You Guys

Nom. Lodge - 24 July 2015

Approved - 11th Feb 2016

visa Lodge - 14 Aug 2015

ask Addition docs - 11 feb 2016

docs submitted - 24 feb 2016

Got PR - 21 March 2016

Thank You Guys For Sharing All THe info About 187 visa Files:notworthy:

Finally, I have got PR Today :) FeeLing Awesome,