187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

The evidence is here at this forum if you follow everyday posts & check the timelines , Most of the applications has been finalized in around 6 month period unless you have not provided all documents at the time of application lodgement .

Ā 

I agree,

Few are even less than 4 mos!

It's really frustrating but we are almost there ļ˜Š

It's more frustrating on my end as I had to go offshore

Edited by Jorodri

The evidence is here at this forum if you follow everyday posts & check the timelines , Most of the applications has been finalized in around 6 month period unless you have not provided all documents at the time of application lodgement .

Yes; I believe that some MAs and Immigration officials under-promise to avoid applicants getting on their case at the 6-month mark. But the majority of "decision-ready" grants are at around 6 months if you follow posts here and look at the spreadsheet on the 186 thread, which has a similar turnaround to the 187 visas.

Nomination approved on 29th July and Visa Applied 30th July and there is no news at all

Ā 

I have spoken to Immigration yesterday and they said processing is fast for those who are in Transition Stream from 457 to 187 etc etc

Ā 

But for RSMS Visa 187 , HR it will take 8 months to allocate the CO and then it will be processed further

Ā 

So I guess we need to wait for 8 months to complete

Ā 

This whole immigration process is really a crap , I don't understand why these ass ho88888 are not working to get on to the things in timely manner

Ā 

I am really over to all this immigration bull ****

Ā 

An Australian visa is a privilege not a right.

I'm sure your future fellow residents are delighted to be called names like that, one can only hope they still browse this forum as much as they used to. They don't sit around doing nothing all day you know.

My timeline

nomination by employer: July 2015

nomination granted: 13. January 2016

my application: 12. September 2015 from offshore due to, I run out of 457 and didn't apply in time.

Ā 

arent you suppose to apply visa witching 6 months of approval of nomination.

Very frustrating since my whole life is in Australia, girlfriend, dog, flat, car, job and have been living in Australia for almost 7 years. Now I'm already waiting 5 month offshore. I really hope something happens within the next month. Fingers crossed ;)

Very frustrating since my whole life is in Australia, girlfriend, dog, flat, car, job and have been living in Australia for almost 7 years. Now I'm already waiting 5 month offshore. I really hope something happens within the next month. Fingers crossed ;)

Ā 

I can understand your frustration mate, especially when you accept australia as your home and have feelings attached with friends n family here have assets and just waiting for an email, just be positive and hang tight .

Yea I know that, but what I am asking is once your employer has his or her nomination approved visa should be applied within 6 months .

Ā 

Yes, that's what happened isn't it?

employer applied 187 nomination July 2015

i received TRN August 2015 from employer

i applied September 2015

Employer nomination was granted January 2016

Yes, that's what happened isn't it?

employer applied 187 nomination July 2015

i received TRN August 2015 from employer

i applied September 2015

Employer nomination was granted January 2016

Ā 

I just didn't apply in time, to stay in Australia on a bridging visa. That happened course I didn't inform my self enough at the time, what to do and just gave all my trust to our secretary, from work. She told me I will need to do my ielts again and so on, got told don't worry if u don't have ur paperwork complete yet, u will be on bridging visa. Thing is I never received a TRN or got the information to lodge my thing... So I just kept handing in all my paperwork without knowing that my visa is running out and I have to leave Australia, till I got a call from immigration. They understood my case, but also said they have to follow the law and I have to leave and continue with my visa from offshore. Ohh well I'm a bit smarter for the future now, to be more on top of things and be better in control, knowing all about processing. I guess it's just human to learn from our mistakes. I just hope the long wait is over soon and I can comeback to the county, I call "home"...

Edited by Flo

It's been 5.5 months and we haven't got a case officer yet. We have submitted all the documents just waiting for Case officer. This shows that processing time is around 8 months specially for those who are from HR Country. Immigration should change the processing time on their website .... It's really painful :(

It's been 5.5 months and we haven't got a case officer yet. We have submitted all the documents just waiting for Case officer. This shows that processing time is around 8 months specially for those who are from HR Country. Immigration should change the processing time on their website .... It's really painful :(

Ā 

Your frustration is fair and understandable, the good part is most of the people with everything submitted get a grant email, just hang in there you will hear something soon. Give it 6 months ie another 30 odd days.

best of luck

Edited by Jazzcrave

Ā 

I'm sorry, but I don't follow: you've been waiting for 5.5 months, and this shows that the processing time is 8 months...?

Ā 

No doubt some outlying cases do go to 8 months, but it seems to be the experience of most people here that 6 months, maybe a little more, is the norm.

Ā 

It doesn't harm, I suppose, to be prepared for an 8-month wait, but hang in there, and hope for the best!

Waiting since 170 days for final grant as i have got nomination approval on 1st Feb . I'm standing in a queue with excited , motivated & positive mind . Definitely I'll be rewarded with presious gift soon . Adding one more thing my MA got approved all cases HR/LR within Standard processing time ā˜ŗ CheerUp