187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Hello

Ā 

Just want to thank-you in advance for the advice. I am in the middle of applying for this visa.

Ā 

Details as follows(applying offshore):

Ā 

Monday 16th Feb- RCB application for my employer submitted

Friday 20th Feb - RCB approval

Friday 20th Feb - Employer submitted nomination Application online.

Ā 

I need advice as to whether or not I should submit my application now or wait until nomination stage as been approved. If so, how long does this usually take? I obviously want the whole process to be as quick as possible, but also risk free. I don't want to lose the $3500 in costs to apply if nomination is refused.

Ā 

One more question, am I able to travel to Australia on a tourist visa for a holiday before visa is approved? I am traveling there in June, if the visa is approved whilst I am still in Australia, will this make a difference? I know for partner visa, there is the rule of if applying off shore, must be granted off shore and vice versa. I am hoping it will be approved whilst I am there. In reference to everything above, I have now received my HAP ID, however, I noticed that it is far cheaper to get it done in Australia. Is this possible for me to wait to get it done there while I am on my tourist visa? Advice would be appreciated.

Ā 

Many Thanks

Hello

Ā 

Just want to thank-you in advance for the advice. I am in the middle of applying for this visa.

Ā 

Details as follows(applying offshore):

Ā 

Monday 16th Feb- RCB application for my employer submitted

Friday 20th Feb - RCB approval

Friday 20th Feb - Employer submitted nomination Application online.

Ā 

I need advice as to whether or not I should submit my application now or wait until nomination stage as been approved. If so, how long does this usually take? I obviously want the whole process to be as quick as possible, but also risk free. I don't want to lose the $3500 in costs to apply if nomination is refused.

Ā 

One more question, am I able to travel to Australia on a tourist visa for a holiday before visa is approved? I am traveling there in June, if the visa is approved whilst I am still in Australia, will this make a difference? I know for partner visa, there is the rule of if applying off shore, must be granted off shore and vice versa. I am hoping it will be approved whilst I am there. In reference to everything above, I have now received my HAP ID, however, I noticed that it is far cheaper to get it done in Australia. Is this possible for me to wait to get it done there while I am on my tourist visa? Advice would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Hi I have applied my nomination on 28 feb and visa on 24 march and still waiting for their reply as my migration agent told me that we have one option in our visa appliaction that if our nomiantion will rejected would you like to withdraw ur appliacation

so my advice is do it That way if u want because ,we have some members who applied with approved nomination and they are still waiting like 4-6 months

so it up to you how u would like and I think if u have applied offshore immi will not give to decision untill you back but not sure

Do you have to pay the $3500 up front then? And if it is not approved you will get the money back?

Ā 

Many Thanks for your advice.

You do not get a refund if your application is refused OR if you withdraw your application. Once you pay the Visa Application Charge to DIBP, that's the end of it.

You can have your medical in Australia if you wish. There is no requirement for a 187 to be granted offshore but if you will be travelling to Australia during processing, you should make sure your CO can contact you reliably and knows your travel dates so that the visa can be validated correctly if it is granted while you are here.

Thank-you very much for the info. I haven't submitted my application yet as I am waiting for nomination, so If I haven't heard anything by the time I leave I will be doing it all in Australia anyway. I am there for 3 months, so I am hoping nomination will be approved either before I leave the UK or whilst in Oz.

Ā 

I hope there will be no issues with this.

Ā 

Many Thanks

Hi everyone,

Ā 

Just updating my timeline. I am still waiting for decision.

Applied on 28th Oct 2014 and was asked for additional information for nomination on 18th March and for visa on 25th March. Nothing have heard :(

Hi dear...u applied offshore or onshore?

I applied on 3rd nov and additional documents requested on 18th march but still waiting ?

Hi dear...u applied offshore or onshore?

I applied on 3rd nov and additional documents requested on 18th march but still waiting ļ˜ž

Ā 

Hi Brar0987,

I have applied onshore and today is 6 months after my lodgement but still waiting.

In my immi account it says 'supporting documents submitted' does that means additional documents has been uploaded...but it shows since last week and my 28 days period is already finished on 18th april...ishow long will it take now?

Ā 

So stressed

Anyone got approval today ?

Ā 

still waiting applied visa 25th nov. with approved nomination.

PCC asked on 9th april, i think i have to wait till 9th may

Ā 

commmon immmmiiiiiii

Ā 

Our timeline is kinda same.

nomination applied on 25th Nov.

additional documents asked on 19th April.

my MA will submit the documents this week hopefully.

Hoping to hear back from CO in 2-3 weeks.

Good luck

hi again updating my timeline

nov 26 th nomination and visa applied

march 31 st additional documents requested for nomination

april 11 th additional documents requested for visa

28 th day of nomination finishing today..no news yet...i don't know whether i have to finish until i finish 28 day of visa (may 9) ..can somebody tell me ..

hi all,

my nomination approved today as customer service manager,

applied on 4 Nov 14 and offshore. additional docs asked 20 march submitted on 8 april 15.

dont know when they gonna request Medicals.

well nearly there,

"Brar 0987: u will hear something this week, as our applications are going on same route.

Ā 

Thanks

Deep Gill