187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Oliver,

Based on the information from my MA, you won't hear back from them until at least 28 days from the day you turn in your additional documents. Hope that helps.

Oliver,

Sorry I mispoke. It is 28 days from the day Immigration asks for additional documents.

Hi,

I am new in the forum. My nomination was lodged in September and got approved the same month as well. I lodged my visa in 8th of September. Last week, immigration required further information about my job description.

Is it something I should be concerned about? After submitting the additional information, do you how long do I need to further wait? My MA already submitted the information.

Hi,

I am new in the forum. My nomination was lodged in September and got approved the same month as well. I lodged my visa in 8th of September. Last week, immigration required further information about my job description.

Is it something I should be concerned about? After submitting the additional information, do you how long do I need to further wait? My MA already submitted the information.

Hi Boochuckie,

You won't receive a response from them until at least 28 days from the date you received the additional document request. My MA said that they could still ask for additional documents but it is unlikely. I also was asked for more documents regarding my qualification for working. Both me and my MA were concerned considering, according to the law, I have fulfilled the requirements. I used the entire month to get as many documents in support of my qualification as I could and now I feel pretty confident.

My MA sent in my additional documents yesterday on the 28th day from receiving the request. He estimates a few weeks or so to get a response. A new CO will be evaluating ALL the information again.

I can't tell you if you should be concerned but hopefully your MA is able to assess whether you've proven that you are able to fulfill the job description you applied for.

Best Wishes

Hi Boochuckie,

You won't receive a response from them until at least 28 days from the date you received the additional document request. My MA said that they could still ask for additional documents but it is unlikely. I also was asked for more documents regarding my qualification for working. Both me and my MA were concerned considering, according to the law, I have fulfilled the requirements. I used the entire month to get as many documents in support of my qualification as I could and now I feel pretty confident.

My MA sent in my additional documents yesterday on the 28th day from receiving the request. He estimates a few weeks or so to get a response. A new CO will be evaluating ALL the information again.

I can't tell you if you should be concerned but hopefully your MA is able to assess whether you've proven that you are able to fulfill the job description you applied for.

Best Wishes

Thanks ncombe. Hopefully, all is well. My MA said the same thing about having a new CO who will be evaluating all the information again.

Hi Boochuckie,

Best Wishes

Hello nicoo

i was asked for the evident of enrolment and payment of the diploma.

So I've submitted the enrolment form and invoice of certificate 4 and diploma,

what at else do you think I need to provide?

Thx

hi ncombe

what additional information they asked when you already fulfilled all the requirement,

They asked for a copy of my university transcript and asked that I have a "relevant" diploma. According to the job description, any Bachelor's from any field is acceptable as long as you have a certificate, which I do. So either the CO didn't know the details of the job description by law or they are deciding to interpret the description in their own way.

I gathered a lot more evidence than my transcript to prove my "relevance" so I hope the new CO will rule in my favor.

Edited by ncombe

They asked for a copy of my university transcript and asked that I have a "relevant" diploma. According to the job description, any Bachelor's from any field is acceptable as long as you have a certificate, which I do. So either the CO didn't know the details of the job description by law or they are deciding to interpret the description in their own way.

I gathered a lot more evidence than my transcript to prove my "relevance" so I hope the new CO will rule in my favor.

Yeah. Even my diploma is Australian diploma, CO still asked for the evidence of enrolment!

did you mean, there will be another CO to evaluate the case after all the required docs submitted?

cheers

Yeah. Even my diploma is Australian diploma, CO still asked for the evidence of enrolment!

did you mean, there will be another CO to evaluate the case after all the required docs submitted?

cheers

Each time they make a request, a new CO will evaluate the documents. So that means you will have a different CO reviewing your requested documents and all other documents a part of your application. This is the new system established December 2014.

Each time they make a request, a new CO will evaluate the documents. So that means you will have a different CO reviewing your requested documents and all other documents a part of your application. This is the new system established December 2014.

I actually in a very tricky situation now. I'm currently on a student visa. But the tircky thing is I only got one unit left, but that unit commences on Semester 2,which means I cannot enrol in the first semester, if in that I have to leave Perth. I did ask my MA, He said unless my student visa is cancelled. otherwise I will not have a bridging visa. But he also thinks i can stay in Perth, because once the visa payment done , a bridging visa is granted automatically.

Because I was asked for more docs on 4th Feb, if the processing is 28 days. I dont really know what to do.

Nicoo, can you also ask your MA?

Cheers

I actually in a very tricky situation now. I'm currently on a student visa. But the tircky thing is I only got one unit left, but that unit commences on Semester 2,which means I cannot enrol in the first semester, if in that I have to leave Perth. I did ask my MA, He said unless my student visa is cancelled. otherwise I will not have a bridging visa. But he also thinks i can stay in Perth, because once the visa payment done , a bridging visa is granted automatically.

Because I was asked for more docs on 4th Feb, if the processing is 28 days. I dont really know what to do.

Nicoo, can you also ask your MA?

Cheers

You have to carry on with your course until your rsms is granted. Your agent is correct, your bridging viss would be cancelled too if your student visa were cancelled.

But I dont have any unit to study, that's the main problem here!

SO what should I do??

How did you manage that? Most education providers should know not to accept too much RPL as that leaves you not needing to go full time, which then means you break your visa conditions.

Hi everyone

is there anyone who has applied 187 visa online by yourself ? I have a problem with the nomination TRN which is received from my employer. It's already submitted but I couldn't go further then page 4 on the online application as the warning "The associated nomination details provided cannot be verified. The applicant will not be able to continue until the employer nomination has been submitted. Check the nomination details with the employer and amend if necessary. If the associated nomination has been submitted and this error is still displaying, contact the department for further advice."

has anyone got the same problem ? please share your experience.

Hi everyone

is there anyone who has applied 187 visa online by yourself ? I have a problem with the nomination TRN which is received from my employer. It's already submitted but I couldn't go further then page 4 on the online application as the warning "The associated nomination details provided cannot be verified. The applicant will not be able to continue until the employer nomination has been submitted. Check the nomination details with the employer and amend if necessary. If the associated nomination has been submitted and this error is still displaying, contact the department for further advice."

has anyone got the same problem ? please share your experience.

do as it says. Check the number is right, if so and still not working, contact immigration.

I have a question in the online application. In question 15 it asked if any of the applicant have lived outside of the country of usual residence. My wife lived in the USA from 1994 to 1998 (which is more than 10 years ago. Do I have to put her address there?(she can't even remember the exact address (number of her apartment). And would she be needing an FBI/police clearance from there? She has an FBI clearance but it was issued in 2005. Do we need to get a new FBI clearance for her?

I am confused because I have read somewhere that police clearance is needed only from countries you have lived during the past 10 years.

I have a question in the online application. In question 15 it asked if any of the applicant have lived outside of the country of usual residence. My wife lived in the USA from 1994 to 1998 (which is more than 10 years ago. Do I have to put her address there?(she can't even remember the exact address (number of her apartment). And would she be needing an FBI/police clearance from there? She has an FBI clearance but it was issued in 2005. Do we need to get a new FBI clearance for her?

I am confused because I have read somewhere that police clearance is needed only from countries you have lived during the past 10 years.

Say Yes and provide details of when it was if it's possible to do so. If you answer No and are later asked for Form 80s, there will be a discrepancy.

A PCC isn't needed for that period because it was longer than 10 years ago.

For DIBP purposes, PCCs/FBI clearances are only valid for 1 year. Your wife would need a new FBI clearance if she had lived in the USA for 12 months or more in the last 10 years but it sounds like her only period of residence there was in 1994/1998.

Say Yes and provide details of when it was if it's possible to do so. If you answer No and are later asked for Form 80s, there will be a discrepancy.

A PCC isn't needed for that period because it was longer than 10 years ago.

For DIBP purposes, PCCs/FBI clearances are only valid for 1 year. Your wife would need a new FBI clearance if she had lived in the USA for 12 months or more in the last 10 years but it sounds like her only period of residence there was in 1994/1998.

Thanks Ozmaniac. I'm glad you were able to clarify that.

Hello Everyone,

My day has finally come. I GOT MY VISA!!!:biglaugh:

Here are my timeline details:

Updated time line:

Nomination and Visa Application Lodged: September 9

Nomination approved: December 23

Additional Documents Requested: January 9

VISA APPROVAL: FEBRUARY 13

5.1 months

Thank you to everyone in the forum! With your messages, I was able stay patient and you helped me feel less alone in this struggle. I'm sending happiness and positive energy that you will soon feel the joy I feel. :hug:

BEST WISHES

Edited by ncombe

Congrats what is your occupation and processing centre

thanks

Hello Everyone,

My day has finally come. I GOT MY VISA!!!:biglaugh:

Here are my timeline details:

Updated time line:

Nomination and Visa Application Lodged: September 9

Nomination approved: December 23

Additional Documents Requested: January 9

VISA APPROVAL: FEBRUARY 13

5.1 months

Thank you to everyone in the forum! With your messages, I was able stay patient and you helped me feel less alone in this struggle. I'm sending happiness and positive energy that you will soon feel the joy I feel. :hug:

BEST WISHES

hi everyone i am new here ,my nomination was approved on 15/12/14 and visa officer requested additional documents on 9/1/15 and documents provided on 22/01/15 after that we have't heard anything yet .its very stressfull to us and our prpcessing centre is perth , is anyone else is in the same boat ?