187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Hey guys, my employer lodged the nomination for my position yesterday along with the RCB. I am wondering if I go ahead and fill out my application and pay if (hopefully in the unlikely event) the employer nomination is rejected will I get my money back? I am keen to get my application started ASAP.

Ā 

Cheers

Hey guys, my employer lodged the nomination for my position yesterday along with the RCB. I am wondering if I go ahead and fill out my application and pay if (hopefully in the unlikely event) the employer nomination is rejected will I get my money back? I am keen to get my application started ASAP.

Ā 

Cheers

No u can't get money back if u lodge u r application along with nomination,

Hi guys,

Ā 

lodged RCB 06/07/14 in NT

RCB approved 15/07/14

nomination lodged today 18/07/14

Ā 

does any one know the current time frame, I have hired a migration agent, I am offshore and I am in a panick to get back!

thanks in advance, any info would be great :)

Hi guys,

Ā 

lodged RCB 06/07/14 in NT

RCB approved 15/07/14

nomination lodged today 18/07/14

Ā 

does any one know the current time frame, I have hired a migration agent, I am offshore and I am in a panick to get back!

thanks in advance, any info would be great :)

Hi zena can u tells where did u lodged u r nomination and what is u r occupation.

I lodged my nomination at perth centre on 09/05/2014 its almost 2and half months still waiting,

Hi everyone,

Ā 

It's been ages since I've posted anything on here. I kind of got discouraged and lost interest in it after waiting months and months and then having my application refused. But there's been some recent development in my application that I'd like to share! :)

Ā 

So here's my timeline:

Ā 

I am located in South Australia. My application was at the Melbourne PSE office and it is Non-DRC. Occupation is Hospitality Manager.

Ā 

Nomination lodged with DIAC - 11 September 2012

RSMS (187) Direct Entry Non Decision-Ready visa lodged with DIAC - 11 September 2012

Acknowledgement of valid nomination received - 12 September 2012

Acknowledgement of valid visa application received - 12 September 2012

Bridging visa granted - 12 September 2012

Nomination lodged with RCB - 10 October 2012

Nomination approved by RCB - 13 November 2012

Case Officer allocated to Nomination - 9 May 2013 (8 months after lodging application)

Nomination REFUSED - 2 August 2013 (11 months after lodging application)

Visa REFUSED - 2 September 2013

Ā 

Nomination appealed to MRT - 21 August 2013

Visa appealed to MRT - 12 September 2013

Notice from MRT to attend hearing - 26 February 2014

Hearing at MRT in Adelaide - 16 April 2014

Notice of Decision and Reasons from MRT - 15 July 2014

Ā 

Outcome: The MRT has 'set aside' the refusal of the nomination and substituted the decision with an approval! The nomination is approved! The visa application has been remitted to Immigrations for processing :D

Ā 

So guys, I know it is difficult. Believe me, I know... But don't give up! I have no idea how long Immigrations are taking to process 187's at the moment, but I know the wait is stressful and difficult to cope with. But as with my application, the best advice I can give is to not give up. Fight for what you are seeking: permanent residency. Otherwise, what was the point in the first place? Why put yourself through the stress and put in all the time and effort and money and then just walk away if Immigrations says no? I know every case is different, but I didn't give up. And now? I have won my MRT appeal, my employers' nomination is now approved and I'm just waiting for Immigrations to process and grant my 187!

Ā 

The reason the nomination was refused in the first place was ridiculous and petty. The case officer that was allocated to the applications decided that the tasks and duties in my position were closer to a different position in the ANZSCO list on occupations. The thing is, ANZSCO didn't list any specific tasks or job duties for my particular position (ANZSCO code), so he went on a 'fishing expedition' to find another position that he felt was a closer match and refused the nomination on that basis. And as a result of the nomination being refused, the visa application was refused a month later as the visa couldn't be granted without the attached nomination being approved. If I didn't appeal both the nomination AND the visa application refusal with the MRT, my time in Australia would have been over.

Ā 

So the entire Migration Review Tribunal (MRT) process took nearly 11 months from start to finish, cost an extra $3208 ($1604 per appeal) plus the cost of a new migration agent to represent us / handle the appeal and make a submission/written argument.... but it was all worth it!

Ā 

So now... it's as if there was never a refusal. The nomination is approved and Immigrations has no further say in it! The visa application has been remitted to Immigrations and I'm back in the game! I think generally when you win your case at the MRT it's pretty quick though... maybe within a month? Hopefully my visa application will be allocated to a new case officer soon and they will begin assessing the application as they do. I suspect they will probably ask for a new visa medical, as it has been a long time since I completed the last one. They may ask be for new police clearance certificates as well. I hope they don't ask for a new Canadian PCC though, as that took 4 months last time... :/

Ā 

But I think it's just a matter of time and I'll FINALLY have my 187! Winning the MRT has brought me soooo much closer to getting my visa granted!

Ā 

If anyone needs any recommendations for a GREAT migration agent, I am happy to recommend Mark Northam (mnvisa.com) in Sydney. Mark is fantastic! I couldn't say enough good things about him. He's so professional and friendly and is in the know! He's very very knowledgeable and keeps you in the loop with everything. He handled my appeals to the MRT so well ! Thanks a million Mark! :)

Ā 

Good luck everyone :)

hi everyone...

Ā 

Just wanted to know that what are the chances to get Visa application approval once nomination is approved??

if anyone got any idea.. please share....!!

thanks

Hi all,

Ā 

I have just got my RSMS 187 PR visa granted and I thought about sharing my experience with the processing time.

Ā 

Nomination and Visa Lodged on 4/4/2014.

Ā 

RCB approved nomination on 20/5/2014

Ā 

Nomination approved 7/7/2014 and RSMS 187 granted on the same day, no extra documents were asked.

Ā 

Thank you

hi there,

congrats,

you got 2 years experience?? Because lots of applicants are getting in trouble because of experience thing..

Ok thanks for your response. We just like hearing of other people in the same senario and how there's is progressing. Our nomination has been approved too and now waiting for our application to be processed. Haven't been assigned a CO yet. We applied on the 29th May though so it was a few weeks after you. All of our documentation is attached. Hope you manage to get yours approved soon.

hi there,

have you heard anything or not yet?

The following is a message sent by a migration agent:

Ā 

Hi

Ā 

Ā 

The usual waiting time is a period of around 4-6 months, but does vary according to a case-by-case basis. Unfortunately as migration agents, we don't find out we only hear from the case officer once a decision has been made or with a request for further information, and therefore aren't informed as to when the officer is first assigned.

Ā 

Ā 

Hope that answers your question.

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks

Edited by blossom

Hi guys I just called my MA about the process of nomination and he told me that monitoring process is going on the company which they do for every company before to approve the nomination. He said once they finished that nomination ll be approve in a week, its 75days now since I have lodged mine nomination. Hopfully soon

Hi

Ā 

Ā 

The usual waiting time is a period of around 4-6 months, but does vary according to a case-by-case basis. Unfortunately as migration agents, we don't find out we only hear from the case officer once a decision has been made or with a request for further information, and therefore aren't informed as to when the officer is first assigned.

Ā 

Ā 

Hope that answers your question.

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks

Is this the message your agent sent you, or are you an agent?

Hi guys I just called my MA about the process of nomination and he told me that monitoring process is going on the company which they do for every company before to approve the nomination. He said once they finished that nomination ll be approve in a week, its 75days now since I have lodged mine nomination. Hopfully soon

What is monitoring process! Hearing it for the first time.

What is monitoring process! Hearing it for the first

monitoring is process to check that company has genuine position available or not, and also they check that how many people already sponsored, company'chart etc thats what my MA told,

hi there,

have you heard anything or not yet?

Ā 

Ā 

Hello my nom is approved

Ā 

Applied for visa 11 may 2014 perth centre

i have got cert 3 n 4 n 2 yrs part time exp at a same workplace as cook

what are my chances for approval plz tell m veryuch confused

My lawyer send me this doc.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

M confused after that

Ā 

Ā 

30.2 AQF Certificate III, IV and Diploma qualifications

Ā 

If the applicant relies on an Australian qualification, that qualification must be as specified within the ANZSCO framework for that occupation. For example, if the nominated position were that of a cook (ANZSCO 351411), the applicant must:

Ā 

ā€¢ hold a relevant AQF Certificate IV or

Ā 

ā€¢ hold a relevant AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on the job training or

Ā 

ā€¢ have at least 3 years of relevant experience.

Ā 

If the Certificate III was obtained without the formal on-the-job training component, to satisfy the skill requirement the applicant must have at least 2 years post-qualification experience, obtained on a full time basis or its part-time equivalent. The 2 years of post-qualification experience is taken to be equal to the on-the-job training component. This is to ensure that the qualification is relevant to the tasks of the occupation and that the applicant indeed has the practical skills required to perform the task of the occupation.

Ā 

Under ANZSCO, there is no requirement of 2 years of on-the-job training for Certificate IV qualifications. However, under policy, if:

Ā 

ā€¢ higher level Certificate IV and Diploma qualifications essentially consist of Certificate III units and

Ā 

ā€¢ these higher level courses do not provide for 2 years of on-the job training that should have been part of these Certificate III course units

Ā 

such Certificate IV and Diploma qualifications cannot substitute for the Certificate III requirement of two years of on-the-job training.

Ā 

That is, if Certificate IV and Diploma qualifications largely consist of practical Certificate III units, then these higher Certificate IV and Diploma qualifications must also include two years of relevant on-the-job training or, in the absence of these, require two years of relevant post-qualifications experience. This only applies where the Certificate III course units did not include the appropriate amount of on-the-job training and where completion of such a higher qualification could be used to circumvent the practical work component that should come with proper Certificate III courses. Where Certificate IV or Diploma qualifications are based on a completed Certificate III qualification that has satisfied the relevant on-the-job training requirement, then there is no further requirement that Certificate IV and Diploma qualifications demonstrate completion of relevant on-the-job training, as this requirement has been satisfied as part of the Certificate III qualification.

Ā 

It should be stressed that not necessarily the highest qualification is relevant, but the qualification that aligns with the skills required to perform the tasks of the position. This is what is meant where 187.234Ā© states that 'the applicant had the qualifications listed in ANZSCO as being necessary to perform the tasks of the occupation'. Using a Certificate IV to get around the practical experience required for a position that essentially concerns Certificate III skills, when that practical experience was not a part of the Certificate III course units or qualification, the policy position must be that the same post-qualification experience for the Certificate IV is required as would be the case for a Certificate III qualification.

Ā 

It follows that higher level Diploma courses that demonstrate competencies in administrative and managerial functions cannot substitute for a lower level Certificate III qualification if the practical tasks to be performed in the nominated position are those that are more appropriately attested by a relevant Certificate III qualification. It is especially the work experience requirement of the Certificate III qualification that makes it relevant to the tasks of the position and the skills required to fulfil those tasks. Work experience obtained through on-the-job training or through post-qualification employment would therefore be the mandatory requisite.

Ā 

For example, the tasks of the nominated position for the above scenario may concern practical cookery, rather than broader administrative and managerial functions that come with a Diploma in Hospitality. Should some practical cookery units have been included in the Diploma course, it will then all depend on the extent to which these practical units can be said to have fulfilled this mandatory requirement. Even where such higher level courses incorporate most of the practical cookery units of the Certificate III course but do not require the associated on-the-job training, then the necessary skill-base may not be present and this qualification would not meet the requirement if the nominated position predominantly concerns practical cookery.

Ā 

If the Certificate IV course structure has a predominant emphasis on the acquisition of skills necessary for higher-level managerial duties and these align with the practical tasks to be performed in the nominated position, post-qualification experience will indeed not be a requirement. Based on the information provided, and as supported by RCB advice for Direct Entry nominations, the decision maker will assess if the nominated occupation indeed fits the structure and requirements of the nominating business and if the tasks to be performed are in fact at the Certificate III level or if these have been inflated to the Certificate IV level to get around the two years of practical experience requirement.

Ā 

The particular circumstances of each application will be assessed and finally determined on a case-by-case basis by the delegate. When making their assessment, case officers must be mindful that the qualifications and experience of the applicant must be relevant to the tasks to be performed in the nominated occupation.