187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

The reason of refusal i got was stating that:

applicant studied in association with his Certificate IV course comprised approximately 50% administrative and managerial units. The units in his Diploma course comprise an even greater proportion of administrative and managerial units, when my cert iv units were totally new. Out of ten units i got credit of three and these three units were from automotive management.

I don't understand how my cert iv units comprised 50% managerial units. Rest of all seven units were from automotive technology.if anybody understand can help me to make me understand.

applicant studied in association with his Certificate IV course comprised approximately 50% administrative and managerial units. The units in his Diploma course comprise an even greater proportion of administrative and managerial units, when my cert iv units were totally new. Out of ten units i got credit of three and these three units were from automotive management.

I don't understand how my cert iv units comprised 50% managerial units. Rest of all seven units were from automotive technology.if anybody understand can help me to make me understand.

Ahhhhh, so they are saying that it doesn't count as a full diploma in mechanics as there were management units.

I know back 6 years ago when I first came over on a student visa there were people having the same problem with hairdressing and the same thing. That was with the two year study requirement in that occupation though.

Ā 

Ā 

May at I know where did you take the course from? TAFE?! SKILL TECH?! I'm a motor mechanic , study at SKILL TECH, I just used CERTH III to apply for 187 with two years oversea experience! Can you post the list of the unit that you study!

May at I know where did you take the course from? TAFE?! SKILL TECH?! I'm a motor mechanic , study at SKILL TECH, I just used CERTH III to apply for 187 with two years oversea experience! Can you post the list of the unit that you study!

I did it from a private institute.

1. Promote innovation in a team environment(CT)

2. Design and produce text documents (CT)

3. Plan and manage compliance with environmental regulations in the mechanical repair industry(CT)

4. inspect technical quality of work

5.inspect vehicle system and determine preferred repair action

6. Repair instruments and warning system

7.carry out diagnosis of complex system faults

8.carry out vehicle safety/roadworthy inspection

9. Carry out diagnostic procedure

10. Carry out servicing operations

Ahhhhh, so they are saying that it doesn't count as a full diploma in mechanics as there were management units.

I know back 6 years ago when I first came over on a student visa there were people having the same problem with hairdressing and the same thing. That was with the two year study requirement in that occupation though.

I dont know what they want.

i did cert iii, cert iv and diploma too.

I did it from a private institute.

1. Promote innovation in a team environment(CT)

2. Design and produce text documents (CT)

3. Plan and manage compliance with environmental regulations in the mechanical repair industry(CT)

4. inspect technical quality of work

5.inspect vehicle system and determine preferred repair action

6. Repair instruments and warning system

7.carry out diagnosis of complex system faults

8.carry out vehicle safety/roadworthy inspection

9. Carry out diagnostic procedure

10. Carry out servicing operations

Ā 

Seems to me that unit 4 to unit 10 is not a managerial unit. It seems different from what I saw on TAFE CERTH IV. I suggest you go back to your college, get advice from your assessor to prove that information before you submit the MRT.

Seems to me that unit 4 to unit 10 is not a managerial unit. It seems different from what I saw on TAFE CERTH IV. I suggest you go back to your college, get advice from your assessor to prove that information before you submit the MRT.

You are absolutely right. Units from 4 to 10 are not managerial. They are from automotive technology. Units 1 to 3 are managerial which i did in diploma of automotive management and thats why i got credit transfer for these 3 units.

The qualification is according to the australian qualification framework. The cert iv that i did it was from a certified institute of australia and as a student how would you know that which units you should do and which you shouldn't.

One more thing i want to add up here that one of my friend who did the cert iv from the same institute got his visa 187. However he applied before the policy but its not the matter of policy its the matter of cert iv.

Yes , that what i am thinking to do in one year i will get experience than i can apply offshore point tested visa if the rules remain same.

or i can go offshore to apply 457 visa that is another option.

hi,

can you tell me what are the requirements for point tested visa?

Don't panic. You will be fine. You got 2 years experience so you fulfill the requirement. It doesn't matter whether you got part time as long as its paid experience.

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks for reply

are you sure about experience thing??

hi,

can you tell me what are the requirements for point tested visa?

I studied same qualifications what you studied. I wonder howcome your case officer had objection with your qualification. My caseofficer wrote that i do not have enough work experience as per the policy and she put the legislation 187.234Ā© which states that applicant need to have necessary qualification to perform the task of his nominated occupation.that i already have and i also do not know what are they after.

Ā 

for point tested visa refer dibp site you will have more idea.

Hi anybody have an idea how long perth centre take to approve nomination I have applied on 9may2014 its one montha now, thnx jazzi

Occupation is cook

They jazzi87. Welcome back to the thread! I have often wondered how you were going. :-)

Good to see you are still here and still fighting. Good luck!

Hi anybody have an idea how long perth centre take to approve nomination I have applied on 9may2014 its one montha now, thnx jazzi

Occupation is cook

How long it takes after lodging visa application now a days ??

perth centre

Occupation is cook

Ā 

Hi there,

Nomination and visa application made on 5th march. Still waiting. Some are getting it very quickly and some are not. So .. yea..

They jazzi87. Welcome back to the thread! I have often wondered how you were going. :-)

Good to see you are still here and still fighting. Good luck!

Ā 

Yah blossom 79 its been long time now last I got refusl on nomination in feb 2013 bcz of emplyer sponsered to many people so now trying from another company, currently on 457 lets see this time,

Hi, everyone, i lodged nomination and application on 19, May then employer told me she sold her business, settlement is on 30th this month which means I will need to do everything again provided new employer is willing to sponsor me. I just wonder has anyone recently got 187 granted and when was it lodged? I think mine is in paramatta. It would be miracle if i got mine by the end of this month, I know. :(

Hi blossom,

i had an appointment with one of the experienced immigration lawyer and even he told me that two years of work experience is not the requirement for 187 visa (not even for trade qualification if you have certificate 4)however, it is in department's procedure advice manual 3.

As per his advice it is beyond the legislation which says in 187.234Ā©

Hi,

today i got a call from my friend n he said he got his PR today. He said he didn't have the 2 years experience but cert iv. However he applied as a cook.

Hi Blossom,

Ā 

I will short of 1 months for 2 years when i will be applying. Thinking of applying by 2nd week of July. What happens if my occupation ( painting ) doesnt have cert IV. My MA said its better to do cert IV, i told him its no available, then he suggested me to do cert IV in building and construction. I am confuse as what needs to be done. I actually have more than 2 years of experience but 4 months are part time when i was on studen visa.

Ā 

What r your thoughts on this.

Ā 

Cheers

K

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Occupation is cook

Hi blossom,

Ā 

Thank you for your reply. This forum has been really helpful. My employer has applied for RCB last week, hope we get positive response. Fingers crossed. They said it will be finalised within 2 weeks as currently there is no applications with them.

Ā 

Wish me me good luck

Ā 

thanks

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Hi Blossom,

Ā 

I will short of 1 months for 2 years when i will be applying. Thinking of applying by 2nd week of July. What happens if my occupation ( painting ) doesnt have cert IV. My MA said its better to do cert IV, i told him its no available, then he suggested me to do cert IV in building and construction. I am confuse as what needs to be done. I actually have more than 2 years of experience but 4 months are part time when i was on studen visa.

Ā 

What r your thoughts on this.

Ā 

Cheers

K