187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Hi guys, I just got a request for medicals from DIBP stating that "not able to grant the visa at this time. Request for more infos.......medicals."

Is this a good sign or they my ask for more infos after I provide the medicals?

It sounds like they don't think they have them, or they have expired. How long ago were they done?

Hi Denee,

Ā 

Did you submit your visa application on 20th May? Also when was your nomination approved. Looks like they are moving real fast.

Ā 

Good Luck with your visa.

Ā 

Cheers

K

Ā 

Yes. My timeline:

Nomination application: 15th of January

Nomination approval: 30th of April

Visa application: 20th of May

Request for medicals: 6th of June

hi there,

i am facing the same problem, i also got refusal of 187 visa on 24th of april 2014 due to lack of 2 years post qualification experience. my trade is also motor mechanic and i applies my visa and nomination on 5th of december 2013. my nomination was approved on 7th march 2014.

one thing that i personally feels about immi dept. is so biased. they dont know what they are doing, they approved 187 visa of my house mate who got the cert iii and cert iv in cookery but no experience at all but i got refusal.

simply biased i would say.

anyone else got 187 visa refusal because of not having experience ? if yes did anyone applied for mrt?

Ā 

What qualification do you have? If it is on Certificate III from TAFE, you need to have two years post experience...If it was on Diploma, you don't have to show that....

anyone else got 187 visa refusal because of not having experience ? if yes did anyone applied for mrt?

Yes, i am in same boat as you are. I have got the refusal a week before and i am going to apply for mrt but i do not know what will happen in mrt? Some lawyers are saying it is easy to win and some are saying that chances are slim.

What qualification do you have? If it is on Certificate III from TAFE, you need to have two years post experience...If it was on Diploma, you don't have to show that....

Ā 

Ā 

Yeah i got cert iii, cert iv in automotive technology and diploma in automotive management. Immi said under the policy we are refusing it. The policy which doesn't exist in the website of immigration.

Ā 

Even before lodging my application i spoke to the dept. and discussed about the new policy but i had been told that you can apply for 187 visa according to the immigration website. If there is nothing on the website then there is no such policy can stop you.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Yes, i am in same boat as you are. I have got the refusal a week before and i am going to apply for mrt but i do not know what will happen in mrt? Some lawyers are saying it is easy to win and some are saying that chances are slim.

Yeah you are right. Its so frustrating. You never know what gonna happen and how long we have to wait for the decision. Its just pain in the Arse.

Yeah i got cert iii, cert iv in automotive technology and diploma in automotive management. Immi said under the policy we are refusing it. The policy which doesn't exist in the website of immigration.

Ā 

Even before lodging my application i spoke to the dept. and discussed about the new policy but i had been told that you can apply for 187 visa according to the immigration website. If there is nothing on the website then there is no such policy can stop you.

That isn't true about if it isn't on the website. There is a commlaw one which actually lists all the rules under the law. The immigration website is very simplified. Unfortunately the rsms visa is one where a GOOD migration agent is often needed. I don't know if you've looked but the commlaw website is not easy to follow even for a native English speaker.

That isn't true about if it isn't on the website. There is a commlaw one which actually lists all the rules under the law. The immigration website is very simplified. Unfortunately the rsms visa is one where a GOOD migration agent is often needed. I don't know if you've looked but the commlaw website is not easy to follow even for a native English speaker.

Hi blossom,

i had an appointment with one of the experienced immigration lawyer and even he told me that two years of work experience is not the requirement for 187 visa (not even for trade qualification if you have certificate 4)however, it is in department's procedure advice manual 3.

As per his advice it is beyond the legislation which says in 187.234Ā©

I understand what you mean but as a common person i follow the website to get info so how would anyone know about this new policy when there is nothing written on their website. Not everybody is aware of commlaw website.

each and every time when dept made such new rules they informed everyone by stating on their website that such and such rules will be introduced from such and such date. No matter if it was relating to student visas or 457 visas or any other visas. But this time they never ever speak about this policy and thats why many of the victims would be feeling cheated.

on top of that some of them are implementing this policy and some are not. Laws and policies should be same for everyone.

if they could put this policy on their website a lot of people would have escaped from wasting their time and money. Its looks like money making stuff to me.

I understand what you mean but as a common person i follow the website to get info so how would anyone know about this new policy when there is nothing written on their website. Not everybody is aware of commlaw website.

each and every time when dept made such new rules they informed everyone by stating on their website that such and such rules will be introduced from such and such date. No matter if it was relating to student visas or 457 visas or any other visas. But this time they never ever speak about this policy and thats why many of the victims would be feeling cheated.

on top of that some of them are implementing this policy and some are not. Laws and policies should be same for everyone.

if they could put this policy on their website a lot of people would have escaped from wasting their time and money. Its looks like money making stuff to me.

Unlucky 22,

i totally agree with you as i have lodged file by seeing immi website and before lodging file i called twice to make sure about work experience or training requirement both time dibp personnel told me that there is not such requirement if applicant has studied in Australia.

anyways, so far mrt has not done hearing about this kind of refusal which is 187.234Ā© as soon as they do hearing we will coms to know about the outcome.

Edited by innocentguy88
Typing mistake

WAOWWWWW... My CO is taking LOOONG time to finalise my application. Nomination has been approved since NOV13. All others around me got their visa granted in like hours after nomination approval.

And to top it off my workplace is going to be franchised in like weeks. FML

@blossom79

HELLO HOW ARE YOU ALL

I GOT MY NOMINATION APPROVED AS COOK

I AM GOING TO APPLY FOR RSMS VISA I HAVE CERT 111 AND IV in cookery

and the placed i have been sponsored i have been working for more then two years but as part time ?

I AM CONFUSED WHAT WILL HAPPEN REGARDING THE EXP. THING? PLEASE REPLY THANKS

@blossom79

HELLO HOW ARE YOU ALL

I GOT MY NOMINATION APPROVED AS COOK

I AM GOING TO APPLY FOR RSMS VISA I HAVE CERT 111 AND IV in cookery

and the placed i have been sponsored i have been working for more then two years but as part time ?

I AM CONFUSED WHAT WILL HAPPEN REGARDING THE EXP. THING? PLEASE REPLY THANKS

Ā 

Ā 

Don't panic. You will be fine. You got 2 years experience so you fulfill the requirement. It doesn't matter whether you got part time as long as its paid experience.

unlucky,

have you applied for mrt?if you have what is your mara or lawyer saying about the outcome?

unlucky,

have you applied for mrt?if you have what is your mara or lawyer saying about the outcome?

Ā 

Ā 

Yes i did, my MA is not sure he said this is kind of new case so he said all we can do is wait.

What about you have you lodged yours? And what is your agent saying?

Yes i did, my MA is not sure he said this is kind of new case so he said all we can do is wait.

What about you have you lodged yours? And what is your agent saying?

Yes we are going to apply for mrt but my agent is not sure about the outcome from mrt as he said he got many refusals after january 2014 and so far mrt have not done any hearing in these kind of refusals.

this decision really annoys me because they are adopting policy on some applicants and for others they do not. I know many trade qualified people they got their visa approved without providing any kind of work experience and they have lodged their file after 13thmay2013

which was your processing center? Mine was melbourne.

Yes we are going to apply for mrt but my agent is not sure about the outcome from mrt as he said he got many refusals after january 2014 and so far mrt have not done any hearing in these kind of refusals.

this decision really annoys me because they are adopting policy on some applicants and for others they do not. I know many trade qualified people they got their visa approved without providing any kind of work experience and they have lodged their file after 13thmay2013

which was your processing center? Mine was melbourne.

I know its so frustrating when you feel the decision is incorrect or biased. As i said in my last thread that my housemate even he didn't have experience got his visa.

Anyway my processing centre was perth.