187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

just here to say to all the people who will be applying for 187 and dunt want to wait to long or want to get nomination and visa same time PLEASE SUBMIT ALL THE DOCUMENTS(MEDICAL,PCC) when you apply. i know guys now including myself and my housemate whoz decision was made without signs of case officers.its my believe if the file is prepared porperly and hv all the documents ready nomination and visa will be granted very quickly. i got mine in 3 months my frind got in 4 months.its very stressfull to wait.....

@ blossom79

Ā 

hi hopw you are good

my agent just told me that i got CO allocated she asked for more documents financial report payrolls and the dishes we cook i can provide all that but we advertised for catering and she asked for catering clent list but did not do much in that we just have 3 clients in last 6 months what do u think what would be her decision and how much turnover should business have my workplace does around 90k.

Ā 

Hi wayne how is your visa going nowļ¼Ÿ

Nomination for 187 approved since november 2013 and its been since 9 months since application made. No my company has decided to got franchise and is my store to be first. gona happen in 3 months. what will happen to my visa? or application?

Ā 

Before my visa was granted, my sponsors leased out part of the business that I was working in, the new management decided to honor the sponsorship as it was already in the process, and they did not have to do a thing. However, once my visa was granted I was released from my contract by the new management, as my job role was no longer needed. I contacted immigration who told me unless a complaint is made against me, my case with them was closed. However, I have stayed in the same area, and have also remained in the same job role with another company for my own piece of mind, (I was also advised to show in-case any complaint was made against me to show that I have made all efforts to comply with the RSMS guidelines). My advice if your visa is not granted by the takeover is to

ask them to honor your sponsorship.

Hi everyone I am new to the forum. Haven't yet submitted an application but we are about too.

Ā 

The problem is the employer is only willing to sponsor if my husband can be working in a timely manner. Ideally with 5 weeks.

Here's what we plan to do-

Employer will submit there nomination this week to RCB. Hopefully they can have this all ready to then submit to DIAC within 2 weeks.

My husband currently in the Uk will travel to Australia once the nomination is lodged with DIAC and have our 187 ready to be submitted within a couple of days of arrival. He will then submit the 187 which should grant him a bridging visa as he will only be on a tourist visa. As the bridging visa won't have work rights he will apply for a further bridging visa that will allow him to work due to the fact he will suffer from financial difficulty if he doesn't. I have read on another forum that these are usually granted within 48 hours.

My husband can then commence working for the company whilst the visa process is taking place, and ideally all this will happen within 5-6 weeks.

We mostly have our documents ready to go it'll just be a matter of submitting the 187 once he arrives there so he is onshore.

Ā 

Has anybody got any experience with bridging visas or knows how likely is it that this plan can work?

Ā 

Any my help will be greatly received as we are eager to make this work.

Hi everyone I am new to the forum. Haven't yet submitted an application but we are about too.

Ā 

The problem is the employer is only willing to sponsor if my husband can be working in a timely manner. Ideally with 5 weeks.

Here's what we plan to do-

Employer will submit there nomination this week to RCB. Hopefully they can have this all ready to then submit to DIAC within 2 weeks.

My husband currently in the Uk will travel to Australia once the nomination is lodged with DIAC and have our 187 ready to be submitted within a couple of days of arrival. He will then submit the 187 which should grant him a bridging visa as he will only be on a tourist visa. As the bridging visa won't have work rights he will apply for a further bridging visa that will allow him to work due to the fact he will suffer from financial difficulty if he doesn't. I have read on another forum that these are usually granted within 48 hours.

My husband can then commence working for the company whilst the visa process is taking place, and ideally all this will happen within 5-6 weeks.

We mostly have our documents ready to go it'll just be a matter of submitting the 187 once he arrives there so he is onshore.

Ā 

Has anybody got any experience with bridging visas or knows how likely is it that this plan can work?

Ā 

Any my help will be greatly received as we are eager to make this work.

Ā 

The bridging visa will only kick in once the tourist visa expires. Your Husband should be granted a work permit with his bridging visa,

but again this will only be valid once the tourist visa expires. Your husband won't have work rights for the 12 weeks that the tourist visa is valid for. Applying for a permanent visa, will not cancel out the tourist visa he will arrive on.

Thanks for the response Minch23.

Ā 

I was hoping there would be some way around that. He was going to apply for a working holiday visa but he held one 9 years ago so wouldn't be able to apply for another one. Back then if you left the country for 3 months you could reapply for one but I that's all changed by the looks of it.

Before my visa was granted, my sponsors leased out part of the business that I was working in, the new management decided to honor the sponsorship as it was already in the process, and they did not have to do a thing. However, once my visa was granted I was released from my contract by the new management, as my job role was no longer needed. I contacted immigration who told me unless a complaint is made against me, my case with them was closed. However, I have stayed in the same area, and have also remained in the same job role with another company for my own piece of mind, (I was also advised to show in-case any complaint was made against me to show that I have made all efforts to comply with the RSMS guidelines). My advice if your visa is not granted by the takeover is to

ask them to honor your sponsorship.

Thanks for sharing your experience Minch23. Although I've been acknowledged by my company that due to my good repo they are willing to keep me in the company but might be a different role but yea I would like to remain in the same store as I know all ins and outs. will defo ask the new franchisee if he can keep me till the decision is made.

Kind Regards

A question.

What do you need to do after the fulfillment of your visa condition (of 2 yrs)?

Do you contact immigration and tell them I've done my job?

Do you get PR with condition written on it?

Do you gota save all the payslips till the end?

Regards

A question.

What do you need to do after the fulfillment of your visa condition (of 2 yrs)?

Do you contact immigration and tell them I've done my job?

Do you get PR with condition written on it?

Do you gota save all the payslips till the end?

Regards

Ā 

1:Nothing you need to do. After two years (finish your contract with your employer), you decide what you do. You don't have to stay at the workplace, or even industry. Don't forget you need to get RRV after the first 5 years when you go out of Australia.

Ā 

2:I don't think you need to advice about your 2 years obligation.

Ā 

3:It may be different statements depending when you receive, but mine (2012) said about RRV. some other things are on the PR letter but nothing like "condition" things.

Ā 

4:if you are business owner, you are required to hold them 6-7 years (sorry not sure the exact period), but if you are just a employee, just for 1-2 years after a financial year.

Ā 

others can explain more, but PR isn't much complicated on RSMS.

Edited by kayinperth

The wording of each visa appears to be slightly different (who knows why, maybe different co's?). Mine does state that it is part of my visa conditions that I must stay with my employer for two years, visa can be cancelled bla bla bla. Mine also says I have to tell them about change of contact details etc too.

The wording of each visa appears to be slightly different (who knows why, maybe different co's?). Mine does state that it is part of my visa conditions that I must stay with my employer for two years, visa can be cancelled bla bla bla. Mine also says I have to tell them about change of contact details etc too.

Ā 

When did you receive your PR letter? Mine was June 2012

Mine doesn't say 2 years rule at all, and change residential address, but if I change the circumstance of employment, I need to inform them (doesn't say until when I should (like within 2 years or after two years).

Ā 

VEVO tells you the same things? my VEVO doesn't tell any at all....

Ā 

I can imagine that Independent skilled visa letter may not state much as they have no condition...

When did you receive your PR letter? Mine was June 2012

Mine doesn't say 2 years rule at all, and change residential address, but if I change the circumstance of employment, I need to inform them (doesn't say until when I should (like within 2 years or after two years).

Ā 

VEVO tells you the same things? my VEVO doesn't tell any at all....

Ā 

I can imagine that Independent skilled visa letter may not state much as they have no condition...

November 2012. Yes, as I said, all letters seem to be slightly different. Even without that written into the letter though the employment part is always a condition of the visa. I have no idea why they want to know each time I move house, very odd.

Hi, I have applied 187 on 2nd of march. When I log in to immi account it says some documents as required, what that means is it CO or it is auto response? Is anyone got same experience? Thanks

Hi deep,

i am seeing same thing as you are seeing in your immi account. I have lodged my file in 7/03/2014.

My timeline is below.

visa type : 187 visa direct entry

rcb lodged:dec 2013 approved in jan 2014

visa application and nomination : lodged on 07/03/2014

Hi, I have applied 187 on 2nd of march. When I log in to immi account it says some documents as required, what that means is it CO or it is auto response? Is anyone got same experience? Thanks

Ā 

Hi Deep, I got the same situation but don't think that is a CO coz I've applied 5 days ago and only the documents that I uploaded are as required and I send some extra docs that are not required for example my partner qualifications and work experience.

What is your occupation and where is your application office.

I am applying as architectural draft person and my application went to Parramatta even thought I am in WA.

Hi Deep, I got the same situation but don't think that is a CO coz I've applied 5 days ago and only the documents that I uploaded are as required and I send some extra docs that are not required for example my partner qualifications and work experience.

What is your occupation and where is your application office.

I am applying as architectural draft person and my application went to Parramatta even thought I am in WA.

Hi ipl, do you know how to check nomination application status? Thanks