Final tax return after moving to UK

mouse

I moved back to the UK last year and doing my tax return. As a non-resident does anyone know if I need to do a tax return in future or can I tick 'final return'? I don't have any assets in Australia but do hold a super account that I can't touch for  a number of years.

Thanks! 

14 hours ago, mouse said:

I moved back to the UK last year and doing my tax return. As a non-resident does anyone know if I need to do a tax return in future or can I tick 'final return'? I don't have any assets in Australia but do hold a super account that I can't touch for  a number of years.

Thanks! 

You sound like the very reason why that tick box is there. Tick it. The tax man doesn't want to waste his time on the likes of you!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Mouse

You CAN take your super back to the UK albeit you have to repay the Aussie tax......look here: https://applicant.tr.super.ato.gov.au/applicants/default.aspx?pid=1

Not all bad new though, if you put it into your UK pension you should be able to reclaim the UK tax....check it out with your UK financial advisor.

Happy Daze

Departing Australia superannuation payment  is only "If you have worked and earned super while visiting Australia on a temporary visa"

https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Super/In-detail/Withdrawing-and-paying-tax/Super-information-for-temporary-residents-departing-Australia/

I believe Mouse was in Australia for 10/11 years, so I don't think this is applicable