Hi,

I have just submitted my Engineers Australia  (EA) migration skills assessment application based on my degree qualifications only. This includes BEng civil engineering degree under Washington Accord and a further MSC degree. 

I did not include an English competency test as I am British and a native English speaker (trying to temporarily save money on test). I also did NOT submit an additional assessment for my skilled employment as I did not think they were necessary to get a successful outcome from EA.

Queries:

I have 2 queries I hope you can help me with please:

1. I subsequently have booked an IELTS test as I now realise I need this for my EOI to gain the points. Am I able to append my IELTS results to my EA application or does the English competency not really matter for EA?

2. Do I need to have my employment assessed by EA using the additional assessment service? Or can I demonstrate my employment during my EOI application on skills select? 

My points summary 

I am almost 37 with 10 years work experience in civil engineering. Therefore I'm claiming 25 points for age, 15 points for qualifications, 15 points for UK work experience. This gives me 55 points but i need 60 so hopefully by taking the IELTS I will get the additional 5.

Can anybody help clarify my 2 queries as I'm concerned I rushed my EA application in my eagerness to get the ball rolling and that I've messed up by not including a work experience request or an English test result. 

Much appreciated!

Hi scoote, although it is recommended to assess your relevant work experience along with educational qualification though it is not compulsory; if you can prove your work experience by providing all the required docs (salary slips, joining letters, promotion letter, tax deduction docs, promotional letter, reference letter, relieving letter and most importantly roles and responsibilities on company letter head) during visa processing you will get points for your experience. You can get 15 points max for exp. if you have 8 years of relevant experience in past 10 years. And you get 10 points for IELTS if you get 7 band each for all modules. However PTE-A is easy in comparison with IELTS. You need 65 each out of 90 for 10 points. However being a native you can get 20 points for english if you can get 79 each out of 90.
Hope this will help..
Personally i will recommend doing relevant skill assessment also to be on safe side. You can get it done even after assessment of educational qualification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really appreciate your feedback. It's helped clarify. I'm still reluctant to get an additional assessment done via EA if I have to repeat the work anyway on my SOU on skills select. 

I was about to book an IELTS test but perhaps I will check out the alternatives as I really need to maximise points for my English proficiency to help improve my application. 

Open to advice from anybody else's experiences if it might help?