EOI updates

stevej

HI

we have drafted out our EOI last night and saved it upto completion due to only having 55 points. We should get 60 points this weekend as the work experience totals 5 years.

We have left current work position with blank end dates as instructed so the timeframe is supposed to automatically update.

Now here is the big question?

On sunday 1st October we will have 60 points but does the skill select system work of Australia time ie would it think we have 60 points at 3pm on Saturday and update it to 60 points and be eligible for invitation or should we not submit it and manually do it on sunday as the 5 years work experience is based on UK calendar years.

I know it wont make much difference to the invite as the next round is 4th October and we are unlikely to be picked up yet but a little thing in my head is saying to just wait a bit and submit on sunday so as not to give any reason for them to say you don't have evidence for the experience claimed.

any thoughts?

Thanks that's what I was thinking, I think they will start to invite some 60 pointers on the next round as they got upto 13/09 Effective date on last round. But im assuming it will then start looking at 60 pointers from 21st June and need to catch up.

I think the best option for me is to get my skills assessed also to get her extra 5 partner points to be in with a chance of invite sooner, Obviously additional cost I was hoping to avoid.

44 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Not sure I would bother. A lot of skills assessments are taking 10 weeks plus. By the time you got yours done you will hopefully have received an invite and applied. Once you have applied the amount of extra points doesn't matter

The only reason I am considering it is it would be with Engineers Australia who offer a fast track service where its passed to CO within 15 working days and would be a straight forward Washington accord application so there's no report or portfolio etc to review its purely based off accredited qualification.