884 Contributory parent visa options

javadxster

Hi, my parents wants to apply for 884 contributory parents visa once my father is at retirement age next year by applying in Oz and gaining bridging visa.

The problem is that my sister needs to move to Oz so that we can pass the family balance test, my sister agent has told her that she can only get provisional 489 visa and become permanent resident once she live in regional area for 2 years.

Currently its 2 in Oz, 2 in UK and 1 in EU hence will not pass the family balance test.

The question is, if my sister moves to other EU country for let say 3 months after getting her visa before migrating to Oz that EU country would be considered her main residence country. So my parents will then pass the family balance test.

So the question is that possible that after she gets her Oz visa she then moves to Portugal for 3-4 months and then Portugal would then be considered her main residence country rather then UK.

Because she will only have a temporary visa in Australia for the first two years she is here - and that doesn't count for the Balance of Family test. So the parents will not qualify for a visa for another two years.

If she moves 'permanently' to another, different country - basically so she is no longer living in the UK - then their parents will qualify for a visa under the Balance of Family test.

OP - I think the difficulty will be proving that the ex-UK sister is living permanently in Portugal. No idea what proof DIAC will require of her residence - maybe try to find that out?