143 questions

lesleyh

Hi everyone, we understand waiting time on a 143 is about 36 months or more . Just wondered when immigration would first pick up our application and ask for medical , police checks etc . We lodged our visa June 2015.  Thanks for any reply. Lesley h.

Edited by snifter
Fixed title

6 hours ago, lesleyh said:

Hi everyone, we understand waiting time on a 143 is about 36 months or more . Just wondered when immigration would first pick up our application and ask for medical , police checks etc . We lodged our visa June 2015.  Thanks for any reply. Lesley h.

Hi, Health and Police checks won't be asked for until very late in the processing.  Police checks and medicals are only valid for one year, so if they were done early on in the process they would be out of date by the time you got to grant of visa and would have to be re-done.  Take a look at my timeline below to give you an indication.  

Hi Sharad,
I have used an agent from Australian Migration Agent and Immigration Lawyer Association to get the visa for my parents. We decided to use one of their agents because we didn’t want to make any mistakes as the visa application charges are very high. Our agent guided myself and my parents through the process and helped with all necessary evidence and submissions.

All the best
Luke

Thanks luke.but i had lodged my file in 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So? You can still consult an agent. If your mother is having problems proving you are dependent she really should be seeking professional advice. 

Hi there
Same topic. We lodged in June 2015 so should hear Spring next year we hope. Is there any point in asking an agent to pick it up? We have receipted letter of acknowledgement which has application number etc on it. Would it hasten anything if we asked an agent in Oz to act for us now? Do they have more success getting emails answered by the Department?

Ian.

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

16 hours ago, Ian Ireland said:

Hi there
Same topic. We lodged in June 2015 so should hear Spring next year we hope. Is there any point in asking an agent to pick it up? We have receipted letter of acknowledgement which has application number etc on it. Would it hasten anything if we asked an agent in Oz to act for us now? Do they have more success getting emails answered by the Department?

Ian.

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

It won't speed it up if you use an agent, but if you are trying to prove dependency that is a tricky topic and investing in an agent for advice could mean the difference between proving dependency or not.