AHPRA and applying for jobs from UK

aurora

hello

just wondering if anyone has found applying for Australian jobs whilst still I  the UK an issue since Ahpra have required proof of job offer?

Most job adverts state must have ahpra registration . I'm hoping employers would accept that this isn't possible without a job offer but does anyone have first hand experience?

many thanks.

Hi, when I went out a few years on a 457 visa I got a job before I went out (they sponsored me for the visa), but the job was obviously pending until I got AHPRA and in fact my AHPRA wasn't sorted until about 3 weeks after I moved there so I wasn't able to start work. I would say mention in your applications that you have applied to AHPRA and it is pending. Good luck Jess 

thanks Jess. ahpra are now requiring a job offer to start the registration process. once I start looking (subject to visa going through) I'll apply anyway a d explain that can't start registration without a job offer. hope that will suffice but was wondering how it has played out in reality so far!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2017 at 15:55, aurora said:

thanks Jess. ahpra are now requiring a job offer to start the registration process. once I start looking (subject to visa going through) I'll apply anyway a d explain that can't start registration without a job offer. hope that will suffice but was wondering how it has played out in reality so far!

Hi Aurora can you direct me to information on this new requirement for a job offer for Ahpra registration.

2 hours ago, stevej said:

Hi Aurora can you direct me to information on this new requirement for a job offer for Ahpra registration.

hello I can't for the life of me find any reference to it now...i'm sure I read this somewhere fairly recently. looks like this isn't the case, apologies for misleading you  

• 2 months later...
On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 19:33, aurora said:

hello I can't for the life of me find any reference to it now...i'm sure I read this somewhere fairly recently. looks like this isn't the case, apologies for misleading you  

Hi did you find this information by any chance?  I have been searching the website but can't find any info on it

hello. I have just filled out my AHPRA form and think I have spotted how I thought that. They ask for proof of address OR job offer. I must have reasoned that as I wouldn't have proof of address I would have to have a job offer. But apparently any address will do so I can now fulfil that part. hope that makes sense.

Edited by aurora
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, aurora said:

hello. I have just filled out my AHPRA form and think I have spotted how I thought that. They ask for proof of address OR job offer. I must have reasoned that as I wouldn't have proof of address I would have to have a job offer. But apparently any address will do so I can now fulfil that part. hope that makes sense.

Does the address have to be in Australia?