189 Early Childhood Teacher skill assessment question!

BrightB

The subject of the Bachelors shouldn't matter for early years providing you have an acceptable PGCE.

Regarding Early Years being taken off the list, nobody can say for sure, but certainly AITSL is cracking down on applicants trying to sneak Primary Teacher qualifications through Early Years Assessments due to the fact that there's more options for Early Years than Primary right now.

On 10/9/2017 at 10:22, Richard Gregan said:

It's definitely assessed only by AITSL.

Regards,

Richard

Hi Richard. 

I currently have a BA Hons degree in music (three years) and I'm planning on studying an Early Years PGCE (years 3 - 7) to start September 2018. 

Reading on the AITSL website, plus what you've mentioned, would this suffice for a skills assessment and 189 visa? 

I've been reading about people saying to qualify as an Early Years (early childhood) teacher in Australia, you need to be qualified to teach from birth - 8 years, as well as some sort of separate assessment. Although it doesn't mention this on the AITSL website or on the Australian border website. 

Basing it purely on what the AITSL and 189 visa eligibility says, it's just the three year degree, one year PGCE and the 45 days supervised teaching that would make someone totally eligible for the 189 visa (providing they accumulate enough points to qualify). 

Is this correct? Or am I not reading into something properly? 

Kind regards,

Carl.