Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

10 Neutral

About cdalby44

  • Rank
    Junior Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. cdalby44

    Truck driving

    Hi mate. I’m in a similar predicament. I’ve contacted probably 30 transport companies but have had no replies yet. With regards to our HGV license, it is transferable up to an MR Australian license, however, after emailing the MVR they confirmed that if the application has special circumstances i.e the job offer was dependant on you holding a HC license, they will assess it on a case by case basis. So it is possible providing you get a job offer via the NT DAMA route. I’m still pretty sure we’d have to pass a test over there though, as it will only be transferred as provisional but will allow us to go straight in for the HC as opposed to working our way up the weight classes. Hope this helps! If you hear anything from any employers, let me know and I’ll be sure to contact them too! Regards
  2. Hi Richard. I currently have a BA Hons degree in music (three years) and I'm planning on studying an Early Years PGCE (years 3 - 7) to start September 2018. Reading on the AITSL website, plus what you've mentioned, would this suffice for a skills assessment and 189 visa? I've been reading about people saying to qualify as an Early Years (early childhood) teacher in Australia, you need to be qualified to teach from birth - 8 years, as well as some sort of separate assessment. Although it doesn't mention this on the AITSL website or on the Australian border website. Basing it purely on what the AITSL and 189 visa eligibility says, it's just the three year degree, one year PGCE and the 45 days supervised teaching that would make someone totally eligible for the 189 visa (providing they accumulate enough points to qualify). Is this correct? Or am I not reading into something properly? Kind regards, Carl.
  3. cdalby44

    How can i move to Australia? Help!!

    I have to agree with Bungo. I don't think there is a chance you'll get in as a Firefighter so I'd start exploring your other options. The 'trade' route is always a safe one to go down, so your plastering or electrician background might suffice, however, if you were to secure a qualification in either, along with your work experience, this should be fine. I too have been wanting to go to Australia for quite a few years now. My (now) wife and I went for a year in 2012 to stay with her parents in Perth (they moved out there 8 years ago). At the time I was a HGV driver but when we came back I applied to do a degree, which I completed in June this year, and I'm now doing a secondary school PGCE, so once I finish this we'll be putting the wheels in motion to finally move over, as I'll be a qualified teacher. It's been a long wait and it's nearly over but it's definitely been worth it. Basically what I'm saying is even if it takes you a couple of years or so, it's easily achievable.