Evidence Query.

KLeanne

Hi All,

So my Partner Visa has been submitted (yay!) and now I'm currently uploading the evidence. Out of the 60 slots permitted for evidence, I've submitted 30..but I feel like I'm kind of submitting the same evidence, under different titles, at the risk of repeating myself! Lol, is this the norm? And do I have the use the whole 60 and upload 60 items? Also, I have my partners birth certificate and his statement, so can I upload those two items for him? Many thank you's!

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

I've submitted 30..but I feel like I'm kind of submitting the same evidence, under different titles
Things like Passport, Birth Certificate, etc appear under multiple Evidence Types - these type of documents should be uploaded only once, under the most relevant evidence type.
I assume you are referring to evidence like 'Joint electricity bill' - which could count for Evidence of Financial aspects of the relationship and Evidence of Nature of the couple's household.
Whilst it is tempting to upload documents multiple times to add support to different categories required for a partner visa, it doesn't simplify things for the Case Officer.
It is best to choose the category that it applies to the most, and go with that.
Also, it is highly recommended to combine documents that are similar in nature (eg 'Joint electricity bill', 'Joint gas bill' and 'Joint telephone bill' to make 'Joint utilities bills'). This will save you a lot of slots and make the Case Officer's job a lot easier.

And do I have the use the whole 60 and upload 60 items?
I uploaded 38 documents for me (the applicant)
I uploaded 12 documents for my partner (the sponsor)
So 50 documents in total

Also, I have my partners birth certificate and his statement, so can I upload those two items for him?
Upload them using your ImmiAccount.
He just needs an ImmiAccount to complete the online equivalent of the 40SP form (quoting the reference number from your application)

The Partner Visa Upload Guide I posted on your Submitting my Application..! thread, covers these details that you're having difficulty with.

I've submitted 30..but I feel like I'm kind of submitting the same evidence, under different titles
Things like Passport, Birth Certificate, etc appear under multiple Evidence Types - these type of documents should be uploaded only once, under the most relevant evidence type.
I assume you are referring to evidence like 'Joint electricity bill' - which could count for Evidence of Financial aspects of the relationship and Evidence of Nature of the couple's household.
Whilst it is tempting to upload documents multiple times to add support to different categories required for a partner visa, it doesn't simplify things for the Case Officer.
It is best to choose the category that it applies to the most, and go with that.
Also, it is highly recommended to combine documents that are similar in nature (eg 'Joint electricity bill', 'Joint gas bill' and 'Joint telephone bill' to make 'Joint utilities bills'). This will save you a lot of slots and make the Case Officer's job a lot easier.

And do I have the use the whole 60 and upload 60 items?
I uploaded 38 documents for me (the applicant)
I uploaded 12 documents for my partner (the sponsor)
So 50 documents in total

Also, I have my partners birth certificate and his statement, so can I upload those two items for him?
Upload them using your ImmiAccount.
He just needs an ImmiAccount to complete the online equivalent of the 40SP form (quoting the reference number from your application)

The Partner Visa Upload Guide I posted on your Submitting my Application..! thread, covers these details that you're having difficulty with.

Thanks :) So should I only really submit one piece of evidence for each category, or submit a few, or one will suffice? I know someone who only submitted one piece of evidence per section. On the categories like proof of age, proof of place of birth etc, I have submitted my passport and birth certificate, driving license twice.

I just uploaded as much as possible and filled 60 slots! Didnt use an agent. Not long after a case officer contacted me asking for a few more bits n bobs your uncle my visa was granted in no time. As long as they can see the obvious things are there you will have no issue. The c/o will ask for anything extra they need. Good luck!!!!

????

I just uploaded as much as possible and filled 60 slots! Didnt use an agent. Not long after a case officer contacted me asking for a few more bits n bobs your uncle my visa was granted in no time. As long as they can see the obvious things are there you will have no issue. The c/o will ask for anything extra they need. Good luck!!!!

?[emoji1051]?

Thank you! Yes we have tenancy agreement, phone bills from when we were apart, photos, emails, pictures of us with our daughter, and families, two 888 forms, and all Forms of I.D, and that kind of thing, do you think that's enough to send over? Don't have any bills in joint names as my partner paid them all as I was not working just had a baby x

Thank you! Yes we have tenancy agreement, phone bills from when we were apart, photos, emails, pictures of us with our daughter, and families, two 888 forms, and all Forms of I.D, and that kind of thing, do you think that's enough to send over? Don't have any bills in joint names as my partner paid them all as I was not working just had a baby x

Sounds good! Id write a statement saying about the joint bills thing. I had to write one too :) i attached alsorts of things like proof of marriage pictures and alsorts.
As i said anything they want theyll ask for!

????

Sounds good! Id write a statement saying about the joint bills thing. I had to write one too [emoji4] i attached alsorts of things like proof of marriage pictures and alsorts.
As i said anything they want theyll ask for!

?[emoji1051]?

Yes you read my mind, was planning on writing a statement to explain that situation. Even uploaded cards from one another, and from his family to mine! Snap shots of messages, our engagement declaration on social media! Fingers crossed it's enough, so we can be a family again x

So should I only really submit one piece of evidence for each category
, or submit a few
, or one will suffice?

Don't look at your uploads from the point of view of the categories shown in the document upload area.
What is listed and marked (very confusingly) as "Recommended" is usually irrelevant to the Partner Visa - ignore them and find Evidence Types that apply to the documents you have to upload.
The 4 key ones you are looking for are:
- Financial aspects of the relationship, Evidence of
- Nature of the couple's household, Evidence of
- Social aspects of the relationship, Evidence of
- Nature of couple's mutual commitment to each other, Evidence of
You want to try to split as much of your supporting evidence into these 4 categories.

I know someone who only submitted one piece of evidence per section.
Do you know the exact sections they uploaded under?
Knowing this information may help you with your evidence upload.

On the categories like proof of age, proof of place of birth etc, I have submitted my passport and birth certificate, driving license twice.
Before you upload any more documents, I recommend you plan which Evidence Type and Document Type you are going to use for each of the documents you still have left to upload. Each document you have should be uploaded only once. If you are unsure of where something fits, ask us on this forum :)

11 hours ago, KLeanne said:

Don't have any bills in joint names as my partner paid them all as I was not working just had a baby x

Its always worth explaining that your partner supported the family in the financial aspect or cover it in your supporting statement. 

So should I only really submit one piece of evidence for each category
, or submit a few
, or one will suffice?

Don't look at your uploads from the point of view of the categories shown in the document upload area.
What is listed and marked (very confusingly) as "Recommended" is usually irrelevant to the Partner Visa - ignore them and find Evidence Types that apply to the documents you have to upload.
The 4 key ones you are looking for are:
- Financial aspects of the relationship, Evidence of
- Nature of the couple's household, Evidence of
- Social aspects of the relationship, Evidence of
- Nature of couple's mutual commitment to each other, Evidence of
You want to try to split as much of your supporting evidence into these 4 categories.
I know someone who only submitted one piece of evidence per section.
Do you know the exact sections they uploaded under?
Knowing this information may help you with your evidence upload.
On the categories like proof of age, proof of place of birth etc, I have submitted my passport and birth certificate, driving license twice.
Before you upload any more documents, I recommend you plan which Evidence Type and Document Type you are going to use for each of the documents you still have left to upload. Each document you have should be uploaded only once. If you are unsure of where something fits, ask us on this forum [emoji4]

Thank you for your advice :) literally only have a few pieces left to upload, which are a couple of cards, flight tickets, and my statement! :)

Its always worth explaining that your partner supported the family in the financial aspect or cover it in your supporting statement. 

Thanks! Yes wrote about it in the application and will write a covering letter about it too, as we don't have one single bill together, but I paid for things like trips away, some baby stuff and things like that. Will also explain that to them.

Archived