Submitting 309

lynn2308

Hi just wanna ask about lodging offshore visa, may mum and dad are planning to apply for 309 visa, my mun is still in the philippines, just wanna know can we lodge the cisa 309 here in the philippines? Or do they have to do it in the philippines? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

3 hours ago, lynn2308 said:

Hi just wanna ask about lodging offshore visa, may mum and dad are planning to apply for 309 visa, my mun is still in the philippines, just wanna know can we lodge the cisa 309 here in the philippines? Or do they have to do it in the philippines? Thanks

Not very clear from what you have written. Both your parents cannot apply for a 309. A 309 is a visa that a Spouse applies for, sponsored by a partner who is an Australian citizen or PR holder. 

So if your mum is in the Philippines, does that mean you dad is in Australia and is sponsoring her to go and join him? If so, yes she applies for the 309 from the Philippines. Your dad can either be there with her, or in Australia. 

5 minutes ago, lynn2308 said:

Sorry for the typo, what i meant is, if can my dad lodge my mum's 309 visa here in australia, he's already a permanent resident here,

No. Your mum is in the Philippines, and she has to apply from there, as it is her visa. He will have to fill in some forms as her sponsor though. 

The 309 is an off shore visa. It cannot be applied for on shore in Australia. That is a different visa number. 

Your mother is the applicant, she should to lodge the application for the 309 visa off shore and her husband as the sponsor will have to fill in some sponsor forms etc. 

As long as she's not in Australia at the time the application is submitted, your father can be anywhere.  He can lodge the application if they choose to do it that way (while he's in Australia, as long as she isn't), but since she's the applicant, I'd always suggest that she be in control of the process.

As long as she's not in Australia at the time the application is submitted, your father can be anywhere.  He can lodge the application if they choose to do it that way (while he's in Australia, as long as she isn't), but since she's the applicant, I'd always suggest that she be in control of the process.

Yeah she's in the philippines while we are applying for their partner visa, im just really wanna make sure that we're doing it the right way, my mom is not a techy person its gonna be hard for her to do it thats why im thinking if we can lodge her application here so that we are sure that we complete and attached all the requirements needed,