Finger prints required

Chasing a dream

Hi,

I was wondering if any one had any advice. We need to get a police clearance certificate from another country (South Africa) which involves sending a set of finger prints to the South African police. Has anyone else had to do this? The only way we have found to do it so far is through Scotland Yard who require an appointment 6 weeks in advance, which means we will miss our 60 day deadline for submitting our Visa Application. Any advice welcome.........thanks!

Hello, my husband had to get a police check from Trinidad and Tobago. He had to get his fingerprints done here in UK and send all documents and prints back to the police force in Trinidad. We just called our local police station in Manchester and they gave us a number to call for the Manchester headquarters. We made an appointment for the next day. They did his prints and he had to pay a small fee. 

My husband was lucky because he knew somebody who works for the police force in T&T and arranged to send everything to him directly.

hope this helps 

4 hours ago, Chasing a dream said:

Hi,

I was wondering if any one had any advice. We need to get a police clearance certificate from another country (South Africa) which involves sending a set of finger prints to the South African police. Has anyone else had to do this? The only way we have found to do it so far is through Scotland Yard who require an appointment 6 weeks in advance, which means we will miss our 60 day deadline for submitting our Visa Application. Any advice welcome.........thanks!

Is it for a 189? You don't have to submit the police check with the application. If the 60 days you are referring to is the 60 days after you get the invite, go ahead and do the application, then you add the police check later.