Subclass 189 - i am getting close to 40

HiOz

Hi everyone, 

I am age 39 and will be turning 40 in September this year. I have passed my IELTs and have my information and working experience verified/assessed, currently I am having 65 points and that I have submitted EOI. 

I am applying "general accountant", and recently I noticed that this category's quota has been used up in the occupation list. I think I will need to wait until next year when "general accountant" is back to the occupation list? 

My question is around: 

- Given that I have submitted my EOI, and there is no more "general accountant" in the occupation list in the current year, does that mean I will not receive any invitation this year? 

- Further, if I receive invitation from the immigration department next year, I will already be 40 years old, would my 65 points be no longer valid?  (hence my points will reduce to 55 points?)

Can anyone share their experiences to me?  Thanks. 

The occupation ceilings reset July 1st although the new year ceilings haven't been published yet.  However, there is such a high level of competition for the limited accountant invitations each round that you'd need at least 75 points if not 80 to get an invitation.

Archived