186 visa skills assesment

Hello,

I'm a telecoms engineer and even though I found a job already in Australia, the whole visa process seems a headache.

The easiest option was 457 but because I'm 43 now, I won't be able to apply for 186 in 2 years time under the new rules.

Both myself and the employer decided to apply for 186 visa but I'm being asked for a skill assessment and work experience requirements. I've got 17 years experience in my field... how can I get a skill assessment ?!

Thanks a lot

You can find the applicable skills assessor on the occupation list published on the DIBP website:  http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/mltssl

For a telecommunications engineer, the skills assessor will be Engineers Australia.  You can visit their website for information about the skills assessment process.

51 minutes ago, MaggieMay24 said:

You can find the applicable skills assessor on the occupation list published on the DIBP website:  http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/mltssl

For a telecommunications engineer, the skills assessor will be Engineers Australia.  You can visit their website for information about the skills assessment process.

Hiya,

Thanks, I've seen that already and got the right info - I need to apply for CDR. It is what it is, I'm not particularly happy with them contacting my existing employer but there is no way around it.