pinup

Sponsorship/PR Dilemma

pinup    10

Hi folks, hoping someone can offer advice for a friend who is going through some visa issues. My friend has been sponsored on a 190 visa for permanent residency (as an account) by they're employer for whom they'd worked for 5 years. However the business has gone through a recent restructuring and wanted to relocate him and increase workload significantly. So he left, with that and ongoing issues, terrible working conditions and the employer taking advantage of him and other visa holders he'd had enough. He is a qualified account and holds a BA in Marketing etc although was not strictly working as an account for said company.  So, I'm hoping there is an other option for him, he is currently seeking work elsewhere in the hope another business will offer sponsorship. Has anyone got experience in this situation? Any advice would be great. Is it worth him going to an immigration agent for possible solutions. Thanks in advance!

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

NickyNook    364

Are you sure you've got the right visa number here?

A 190 is a state sponsored visa, the holder can work for anyone and is not tied to particular employer.

pinup    10

Cripes - maybe I got the wrong number. I'll check back, perhaps its just a 457 transition to PR. Thanks for flagging that! 

pinup    10

Yes @NickyNook you were right it wasn't the 190. Can I edit the topic title to remove that as a headline and tag? It was a 457 lodged prior to the changes but he is now on the BVA with several months left before he needs to leave the country. 

NickyNook    364

Don't think you can edit titles - but I just did it for you, so there's no reference to 190 showing up now. :-)