Hi 

Can anyone help.  I am a single parent who's father is not in my childs life and never has been.  He is not on the birth certificate so under UK law I have full parental responsibility and have had for 13 years as he refused to acknowledge his birth.  On the Child visa they request proof of both parents or proof I have parental responsibility.  Does anyone know if there is any information I can get to help with this or will his certified birth certificate be enough.

Also has anyone struggled with filling in the Form 40CH as it states housing information - but we are not yet in Australia - does anyone know whether this section needs to be filled in or whether it just needs to be current accommodation!!  

Any other help on the Child visa would be appreciated.  I am an Australian Citizen by Decent and will be lodging my papers with the Australian Embassy in London.

Many thanks

Pen

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent to be clear about the regulations to be satisfied and then consult a local family law solicitor for a formal confirmation that you satisfy the conditions necessary to remove your child? 

Hi wrussell. Thanks for the reply. I have booked an appointment with a solicitor - just wondered if anyone had been through the process. I think his visa is not going to be straight forward but I will get there eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi could you please let me know how you get on - I was in court all last year , finally winning permission to relocate to Australia, all the different categories and rules are blowing my mind 

i will hopefully be granted a marriage visa and will be taking my children with me 

good luck with your move xx