187 Application in processing. Can I apply Graduate 485 visa now?

Hello everyone,

I think I need everyone help. If you know whether I can apply for 485 visa when I just apply 187?

I'm about to graduate from master degree,  I meet all the requirement of Graduate 485 visa - Post-study work stream, which allows me 2 years working right in Australia.

The situation now is,  I lodge 187 application in February 2017. However,  I haven't got any message and good news until now. Not sure how many months I need to wait.  And also not sure if the 187 success or not. 

At the moment, I'm not sure if I can apply for 485?

Because I'm ready to graduate and wanna find jobs to gain more working experiences in Australia instead of waiting for the 187 approved, it's gonna waste 14 months for waiting 187 approved.

Have anyone got an idea of it?

On 6/10/2017 at 22:26, DINGKATH said:

Because I'm ready to graduate and wanna find jobs to gain more working experiences in Australia instead of waiting for the 187 approved, it's gonna waste 14 months for waiting 187 approved.

Don't you already have a job if you are being sponsored for a subclass 187 visa? If you are not working in the role, you may have issues with the the company proving that they have a need for a paid employee.

The 485 may be beneficial in maintaining a substantive visa if there are issues with the 187.