remarking ielts

wahid

hi everyone,

i took the ielts test last may 6, 2017 and results came after 13days. i felt shattered at that time as my writing score did not meet with my expectation. is there any success stories of re-evaluation here? i just need another .5 to make it 7 so that i can apply for bridging program for nursing. 

Edited by wahid

39 minutes ago, Liam13 said:

From what I hear when people get re marked it often gets bumped .5 . 

hi liam,

i also read in some blogs that remarking sometimes give them extra 0.5 to their scores. i hope it will happen to me. this is my third week of waiting and everyday is a struggle as there is no transparancy in their procedure. i mean we cannot trace how it done. by the way thank you for the reply...

5 hours ago, wahid said:

hi liam,

i also read in some blogs that remarking sometimes give them extra 0.5 to their scores. i hope it will happen to me. this is my third week of waiting and everyday is a struggle as there is no transparancy in their procedure. i mean we cannot trace how it done. by the way thank you for the reply...

Hang in there. I never liked IELTS and think it's outdated and very obscure. I personally found Pearson a lot more user friendly, Realistic and precise. Wish you luck 

i know that most of the people really dont like ielts but for me i can only choose between oet and ielts. im in NZ and those exams are only accepted by the nursing council. i have a lot of friends who aced the PTE exam and they are now living in a good life in australia.

2 minutes ago, wrussell said:

What are your immigration and professional status in NZ?

i'm currently waiting for my partnership-based work visa. i submitted my application a month ago but until now im still waiting for the reply of the NZ immigration. im here for almost 6 months and my visitor visa will expire after 3 months. hopefully they will grant my work visa here.

3 minutes ago, kmrg said:

I had my writing increased from 7.5 to 8 on appeal so worth a try.

may i know how many weeks for the results in your case? im thinking to register for another ielts test as well in case i cannot make it... 

40 minutes ago, marine8611 said:

you should definitely apply for re-marking if you feel they did not give you what you deserve.I had my writing mark changed from 6.5 to 7.5 and my wife's writing from 6.5 to 7.5 and her speaking from 7.5 to 8.5,so she got 2 marks extra and I got one.

hi @marine8611 thank you so much for your reply. i think they really gave me a poor score in writing albeit all the techniques that made my essay as good as possible. i even provided 5 minutes allowance for proof-read and i really dont know why they scored me 6.5. btw, thank you so much for the reply. it means so much for me especially in this ordeal of mine. Godbless