190 visa

Sang

Hi,

i have been been advised from my migration agent that I should be able to get a 190 visa based on my experience. Drug and alcohol worker NT PR. I haven't worked since 2014 since my second baby. She said it's based on overall experience since qualifying. So eight years. However I thought it would be based on recent experience. We are waiting for new lists to come out in July. Just wandering if it would be possible? Before spending upto £9000 on the whole visa/migration process. I know there isn't any guarantee... Would love to hear other people's experiences. Thankyou 

Hi, for me my husband and three children (5,4 and 1)! It's a lot of money and she also said we need to have a sizeable amount in our account or assets should we get a visa..... Can't remember exact amount but it was a lot!! Something like 30,000 dollars each ?....According to NT requesting this as a state... Just don't want to get this wrong so trying to research as much as possible...

It would probably be best to have a chat with a few agents and see what they suggest. I am soooo out of touch with the visa rules of late but i did think you had to have some recent post qulaification experience in the job role you are applying for. We have quite a few agents who post on here so maybe one will be along soon to advise.

Good luck with everything

Cal x

Hi thanks for the replies so far. 

I have emailed a few agents on this site, at the moment I haven't heard back. Just would be really good to know before I start the process. Would so so love the opportunity to move to Australia now more than ever... As before it just wasn't the right time. 

Your right about NT I had read information about it, and ideally wanted to move to another location. Agent said initially with 190 they would prefer if we moved there (should I get nominated) but not a legal obligation. As we are moving over with a young family just want to get it right! So all advise appreciated and welcome. Thanks ☺️