.........Brisbane heritage

Guest241083

...........Brisbane has lots of heritage sites ,an interesting city to explore.

...........find more here...      http://tourism.racq.com.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/37903/Cultural-and-Heritage-Places-of-Greater-Brisbane.pdf

DID yOU kNOW . . .

...next door to St. John’s Anglican Cathedral, the
St. Martin’s House of today was once a war memorial hospital, built to honour those who had served in the Great War [1914-1918]. With the foundation stone laid
in 1919, St. Martin’s Hospital served the people of Queensland until 1971. And why you might ask...was the Hospital named for St. Martin? The end of the Great War – the Armistice – took place at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month in 1918 – the Feast Day of St. Martin of Tours.

Freemasons Ann Street Memorial Centre

With its foundation stone laid on Anzac Day 1928,
and built from local materials, the Ann St Centre is the Headquarters of the Craft in Qld, and a Memorial dedicated to those who gave their lives in World War I and subsequent con icts.

311 Ann St
Free, donation appreciated / Tours 2.00pm Mon – Fri / www.uglq.org.au

• Like 2

Well Tink aren't you giving Brisbane a good rep and on several fronts too! may I ask why?

I have to agree though that there is plenty to see and do in the Brisbane and SEQ area, even just walking around the city centre you just need to look up from the shop front windows and  you will see quite a bit of architectural heritage in the building 

• Like 2

...............lol........I've lived here for over 25 years.....and am recently back from a wee trip away....

..............and while on my visit someone said........"what has Brisbane got to do..?"

..............quite a lot if you look....

..............agree with you that some of the architecture in the city is amazing.....

• Like 1