Visa processing times for parent 143 visa

Leana

Hi all, I was wondering how long others have had to wait for their parent visa subclass 143 to be approved and if they were able to contact the immigration department to get an update on how long they had to wait or how it happened? We applied 15 months ago and have not heard anything except for acknowledging receipt of it.

thanks, leana 

If you want the bad news just send an email to parents@border.gov.au   Leave the subject area blank and you will automatically receive an email showing the current state of applications for all visas.  The 143 information shows that they are currently assessing applications from October 2014!!!!!!!  

The 143 visa currently has a processing time of 34 months.  If you look here, you can see the processing times for all visas. 

http://www.border.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/global-visa-citizenship-processing-times

You will not hear anything from Immigration until they are ready to move to the next stage, which I'm afraid is a long way off.  Take a look at my timeline below to get an idea.  Also, you can send an email as suggested by Bilby47 above, but do put Test as the subject line.  You will get an automated response telling the date of applications received that they are currently processing. 

• 1 month later...
On 31/07/2017 at 14:34, Elaine2017 said:

Hi, roughly how long do you have to wait for a reply to the email you mention above?  I've tried both without putting "test" in the subject and with and still haven't received a reply yet?  Thanks

Sometimes you get nothing. Email yesterday posted processing Nov 14  visas (143)

go onto "the brand new parent visa thread" for lots of info and help ?

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 1