189 or 190 timeline query

Hi guys

Partner and I are just discussing timelines and I've heard you need to active the visa within a year of DBS or medical (whichever is first)

Does anyone know how far into the process they ask for these?

Just trying to figure out how much time we have from lodging the application to them requesting medical and police check etc only because we don't plan on activating and then returning but activating and staying.

Thanks

Hi - the medicals and police checks are often the very last part of the process. You can either do these prior to the Case Officers request or wait until they request them. Please see my signature for an idea.

Good luck!

IELTS L8.5 Overall - 29/10/2016 | AITSL assessment submitted - 10/01/2017 | Positive AITSL assessment completed - 23/02/2017 | EOI submitted - 14/03/2017 (65 points) | Invite received - 14/03/2017 | 189 Visa applied - 20/03/2017 | Case Officer assigned - 28/03/2017 | PCCs for Australia and UK received - 08/04/2017 | Medical Complete - 11/04/2017 | Awaiting decision!

3 hours ago, joeh99 said:

IELTS L8.5 Overall - 29/10/2016 | AITSL assessment submitted - 10/01/2017 | Positive AITSL assessment completed - 23/02/2017 | EOI submitted - 14/03/2017 (65 points) | Invite received - 14/03/2017 | 189 Visa applied - 20/03/2017 | Case Officer assigned - 28/03/2017 | PCCs for Australia and UK received - 08/04/2017 | Medical Complete - 11/04/2017 | Awaiting decision!

Are you a teacher as well? My AITSL is due back next week!

Oh gosh - I hope I'm not in for an nasty surprises. Where are you heading? I have a teaching contact in NSW and I heard that you can't start working straight away or get a job from here because of the working with children check that needs to be done in person before you can get the state registration in order to teach :-(

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

As long as all the paperwork is in order, your be absolutely fine. I am hoping to head to Perth suburbs, possibly Mandurah. I'm going on my own, so assumed my visa grant would be quick. It appears not! I'm not sure about the children check being done in person, but I know you have to get state registration first which is more paperwork!